Marijuana

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CParso, Jan 5, 2006.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Just wait. Financial Statements are next. We can finally find out how much that timber land is worth. :rofl:

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wonder if they eventually legalize pot, if it would be considered a commodity like corn, and the price of it would be determined by speculators? That would suck, just keep it illegal if that happens.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

the price of corn is largely determined by your big government friends attempting to keep the prices cheap for clowns like you that want the government to make sure prices are acceptable. of course this only mangles the prices, but you thought it better that the government take sides to keep food prices managed.

4. LaSalleAve

that's bullsh!t. speculators drive the prices up to money in their pockets.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

How, exactly?

6. LaSalleAve

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

1. that is not true.
    2. the corn market is heavily controlled by the government, to the great detriment of billions (yes, literally, billions)
    3. i know more about this than you could possibly imagine.
    4. if you cant afford corn i can buy you more than you need.
    5. every person in america would be better off if they consumer vastly less corn products, so a massive price increase due to speculation would actually be a huge positive. so even if what you said was true, it would be a great service to us.

every opinion you have is comically ill-informed and based on what i assume must be some sort of emotional problems on your part.

8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

LaSalle- Rest easy, I seriously doubt that mary jane will be an open outcry commodity like oil. One example is tobacco, far higher use now than weed and I don't believe there is an exchange that deals with that crop. One reason is legal/health related, no one wants to touch it. Another is volume as it is just not there to justify a financial derivative market. The regulatory department will be the ATF and FDA if ever it becomes legal.

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I'm afraid these dispensaries threaten Oregon's medical M laws. The spotlight can be a dangerous place. The beauty of the system so far, is that it's been real low profile. The Oregon law was passed 13 years ago, with growers and patients quietly doing business ever since. Patents like it, growers like it, no ties to drug lords. So, little or no complaints, and thus, no reason for police involvement. I'd hate to see these dispensaries rile up the opposition.

POT CLUB OR POT BUSINESS? | Federal prosecutor says it

10. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

Wow, I posted in this thread in 2006. And it's still a relevant topic. lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg3uZRX2R_0"]Don't step on the grass sam - YouTube[/ame]

1 person likes this.