March Madness

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by APPTiger, Mar 13, 2022.

1. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Cinderella is still alive, St. Peters wins
    Duke and Carolina still alive. Seems like the old days.
    Defense, it seems is the key to all the upsets. Imagine that.
    Brackets blown, all is normal.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Watching the Duke-UNC game and you see what a difference really good coaching makes. Just having great players/athletes isn’t enough.

3. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

It's lived up to the billing.

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Agree with you 100 percent! It's one thing to get great players, but when you add great coaching to that formula, it's really fun to watch. That UNC-Duke game was insane! It was awesome to see one coach make a change and the other counter. That's high level basketball!

Winston1 likes this.
  5. APPTiger

Just another Duke Carolina game, seriously. I've been watching those two teams play each other longer than Coach K was at Duke. We had season tickets to Wake Forest for about ten years when I was a boy. They used to have a thing every year in Greensboro called the big four. The big four in NC is UNC; Duke; NC State and Wake Forest. They met every year in Greensboro for a mini tournament to start the season. It was great.
    Anyway, I could ramble on for hours about ACC basketball. But this was the wildest Duke v. Carolina game I ever saw.
    https://www.tarheelblog.com/unc-tar...avis-duke-8-points-17-seconds-game-dean-smith

6. APPTiger

Basketball cousins square off for it all tonight. These programs pass coaches around like crazy. Dean Smith played at Kansas. Dean sent two coaches to Kansas, Larry Brown and Roy Williams. Roy later came back to UNC and won a natty. ANd thats just the head coaches.
    https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/ncaa/article260071425.html
    Carolina songs- growing up in NC, you kind of learned them by osmosis. Hark the sound is the alma mater and the fight song is the last number.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

kansas stood by their coach after the clowns at the NCAA tried to fuck them. and they are rewarded with a title. too bad LSU didnt have the stones.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Our local radio guy was talking about this today. He was saying how OSU got caught up and they basically laid down and said "yeah we did this" and they got hammered by the NCAA. He said I guess the right move is to never admit anything, just fight it cause Bill Self is about to win a title and OSU is in the penalty box.

Winston1 likes this.