man vs wild

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, May 29, 2007.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

You are correct, it was survivor man. :thumb:

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

oh ok... I was asking if 'da bear' does stuff like that in his show.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

my bad, I misunderstood what you were asking.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

in a recent episode I had on tivo, dude drank his own urine on camera. hes pretty hardcore.

5. LSUGradin99

sounds more made for tv than it is made to teach

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

what better way to teach you to survive dehydration than showing you your urine isnt toxic the first time you drink it. Cheers!

7. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

I like Man vs. Wild better because he actually shows you things that could help you survive and how to get out of the situations. For example, there was an everglades episode on this week, a situation people in Louisiana might find themselves, lost in a swamp. He was walking through some swamp mud and found a sink hole. Survivor man would walk around that situation because he is alone, Bear jumps in feet first and shows you how to get out if you are stuck, something that could be helpful!

Survivor man is always: shelter, fire, food, survive. Bear does the same, but since he is trying to escape his situation instead of survive it, it shows alot more of survival techniques and how to get out of situations, instead of just waiting it out. May be more "made for tv" but watching some guy miss with a spear for 2 hours instead of them showing me the technique and him doing it right is fine by me.

All in all it is just more exciting. It is impressive that survivor man basically covers alot of ground 2x to set up cameras go back to walk by and then pick them up.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Good points, but I have to wonder about some of the things Bear does. For example, they showed him on a deserted island constructing raft out of bamboo, twine, and leaves. The waves were crashing like a b!tch, but it never showed how he launched and got out into open water. I would've liked to have seen that.

The kicker though was once he spotted a ship on the horizon (which is about 7 miles away), he made his fingers into a V, the reflected his knife off the sun. Miraculously, the ship 'spotted' him and changed course to rescue. Possible from that distance, of course. Likely, I'm not so sure

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yeah, I saw another episode where he's climbing down a mountain. Homeboy found a deer that was killed in an avalanche. There were maggots on the deer. He bent over and started poking at the carcass. I thought he was going to take a bite out of the bloating carcass, but he didn't. Instead, he fished all the maggots off of the body and started hammering down on the maggots.

Good times.

10. LSUGradin99

Actually he is always on the move, trying to get back to civilization. Which in some cases has been small villages of people frightened to see him.