man vs wild

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, May 29, 2007.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I completely agree. Survivorman will show you attempts that didn't work, too. This new guy's fish-catching was faked on one show, I think. I mean they showed him throwing a stick at a fish and then cut to him cleaning one.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

LMAO. So true. Sig would (and has, I think) work his guys 36-48 straight hours with no rest or sleep. But damn, it's worth it in the end when his guys take home 30-40k for 10 days of work.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ok so the last one i saw hes barreling thru the desert, makes a headdress with a tshirt like a muslim to keep the sun off. after a couple hrs he whips out his willie and pees on it then wraps it back around his head and mouth to cool him off. i was worried he was gonna drink it. they went out of their way to show him pissing on it which i coulda done without.

dude eats absolutely anything. climbed up in some nests and ate the egg by cracking it in his mouth then ate the shell. still had the bird**** on it but hey he drinks from fresh elephant dung. cooked the last one on the rock from the desert heat like he was at waffle house.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

What channel does survivorman come on? Discover? I've never seen it.

Deadliest catch is my favorite. Sig is the man.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

That all sounds like it's made for high tv ratings. I don't know what the purpose of his show is. Is it to teach survival techniques? If so, then why go to such extremes to teach? Also, does he put himself into realistic situations that everyday people may find themselves in if they are out in the wilderness?

6. tirk

yes thats the purpose. of course he knows what every plant, tree, bush is so he can pretty much open up a pharmacy no matter where he is lost. or a foodstand. or a boat shop.

survivorman comes on sci channel which i dont get. tried to tivo it but no dice.

i get sci fi channel not this sci channel.

7. LSUGradin99

No Discovery Science Channel? how about discovery times? have a satellite plan that just doesn't have it?

8. tirk

obviously. i used to get it. think i need to upgrade. not sure what i changed.

i was checking the guide this weekend and it seems the discovery channel has turned into the mythbusters/deadliest catch channel. comes on every morning of every day for hours and all night it seems. they milk the hell out of those 2 shows.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

One time he set up a plane crash in the Arctic somewhere. Complete with phucked up plane and all. He even made like he had a broke arm/hand. Even though his hand wasn't acually broken, he put it in a splint, and didn't use it the entire show. Used parts of the plane for tools, frying pan etc.

10. LSUGradin99

Sounds exactly like a survivorman episode! As in I've seen that exact episode but it was survivorman.