man vs wild

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, May 29, 2007.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

man vs wild is still cool because he eats crazy stuff. once i saw him pick a fish froma steam and eat it directly and all kindsa weird inflating things were popping out of the fish. i am not a big fish guy, so that stuff is new to me.

the idea that if he messes up, he has a crew there, that makes it less interesting. survivorman at least has to radio and have his crew come rescue him if he has a problem.

survivorman often complains about the weight of his cameras, and how he has to stage shots of himself walking towards and away from the places he is going so we can get a better idea of the locations.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Season 2 of Survivorman is set to air in 2007 and filming has begun. Season 2 locations include the Amazon Rainforest in Ecuador, the Kalahari Desert in Africa, and the plains of South Africa.

10 episodes for season one is on dvd. that would be a dvd id buy.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

season 2!!!! awesome! Now I need to find out what month!

4. LSUGradin99

Yes, he sets up cameras off in the distance to give us perspective. Even if it means him walking through difficult terrain twice in order to do so. Really, his camera work is quite outstanding. Always wished it was in HD.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

also survivorman is really upfront about what is happening and the rules. like on the one where he was in the arctic (which looked miserable as F) he carried a rifle, but he was only allowed to use it for protection from polar bears, not to shoot seals and stuff for food.

i get the impressoin that bear grylls is milking the drama a bit. but that isnt to say he isnt hardcore. survivorman is canadian, so he seems like a wuss, but he isnt, he is hapy to kill and eat rattlesnakes and **** like that.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

deadliest catch is almost too dramatic. people are drowning and freezing and dying and stuff and they are making this tv show, its almost too dramatic, really a constrast to other shows.

7. LSUGradin99

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I watch both shows and am looking forward to the new season. I tend to like Survivorman more. Bear Grylls, the guy from Man vs. Wild, has a flare for the dramatic. For example he could be eating a raw rainbow trout and he will say it is the best thing he has ever tasted. He does do some pretty hardcore stuff though. He once bit the head off of a snake then sucked the body down like it was spaghetti.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah he said its the best sushi you could ever have. it was a salmon i believe. i think when something is about to attack him his camera crew wouldnt be much help. they probably are much farther away but i think its probably best they are there in the long run. that way he can do a lot more stuff and not be hampered with all that damn equipment.

as far as deadliest catch, its still pretty compelling cuz the bering sea is one tough motha.

if you've ever been out at sea for miles and miles where theres no land anywhere and you get those big swirls in a storm you realize how insignificant you are.

what they do is like 100x worse. id be freaking out in that freezing ass weather as 35 ft waves are crashing over the bow.

2 things: sig is a miserable bastard but i like him. phil of the cornelia marie should throw his son overboard.

http://www.survivorman.ca/episodes.html

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

he is tougher than survivorman in the eating department. survivorman will cook his snakes before eating them. grylls just grabs things and eats them immediately, which is cool, maybe a little dramatic and unnecessary. cooking doesnt seem like that big of a hassle.