Make Your Bold Predictions Here: The Bold Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Cajinkid

Cajinkid Veteran Member

LSU goes beats georiga in the SEC championship game and plays USC for the championship .
    LSU will be #1 in rush defense An top 3 total defense
    tyrann will finish 3rd in the heisman behind winner matt barkley and runner up monttee ball

2. Expat

Expat Veteran Member

1) Jarvis Landry will have 33 catches for 525 yards and 7 TDs.
    2) He will also nearly decapitate someone while making a tackle on the kickoff coverage team. (Not bold, I know. But it's still a nice thought.)
    3) Mathieu will not get an all expense paid trip to NYC later this year.

Milesthebest likes this.
  3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

This guy crys again...

thumbnailCA6EP5K1.jpg

LSUTiga, StaceyO, b_leblanc and 4 others like this.
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You are correct in a current historical sense. :cool:

LSUTiga and Cajun Sensation like this.
  5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

LOL!! My ribs hurt.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  6. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

3) Russell Shepard is not physical enough to be a productive target in the SEC on any team. The guy was a quarterback coming out of highschool not a receiver. He would have been very systematic at a school like Oregon. He may have been a pretty good quarterback but I guess we will never know. I just don't see this kid being any more than a slot receiver that averages 2 to 3 catches a game and maybe 3 TD's a season. Just like most LSU receivers the past decade he'll get drafted late to a team like the san diego chargers or Tampa Bay Buccaneer play two seasons on the bench and call it quits. I'd say the best chance that this kid has of playing on the next level is at the Arena level or even maybe Euro.

As for South Carolina winning the SEC east I'd say they have a pretty good chance and Missouri being a sleeper in my mind is just ludacris with their quarterback coming off a pretty intense injury during the off season. big 12 teams are as physical as SEC teams except nothing compares to the speed of some of these Defensive lineman in the SEC not even a big 12 school can comprehend. One guy to look for on LSU is Defensive Tackle Anthony " Freak" Johnson. At a combine this kid ran a 4.8 flat and even impressed some former NFL scouts. I'd be willing to say this kid could be the next Glenn Dorsey but better..

7. Milesthebest

Milesthebest Veteran Member

Not physical enough and really is slow to pick up football knowledge. He has 2 years at WR and he still runs ragged, rounded off routes and still doesn't trust his hands to catch the ball most of the time away from his body (yes, there are exceptions where he has to as in the Arkansas TD catch across the middle I believe). I can tell you he had 0 chance of ever being a good QB. You probably didn't see the Under Armour skills test. He looked horrible!! His ball just fluttered about 25 yards in the distance throw....bad throw? Probably not. The LSU beat writers watched him in practice his FR season (must have been in the 15 minute window they are allowed to view stuff). They said it was funny when the wind came up. The ball just sort of drifted in the wind. Also, you know where they pull the targets behind the little jeep type vehicle in the Under Armours skills test. He was late moving from station to station, late in leading the target, and most of his balls didn't have the steam to even get to the target. I agree with your pro prediction on Shepard...he is simply a very fast straight line runner with little ball skills. Think Trindon Holliday and you have Russell Shepard.

Don't sleep on Missouri. I expect James Franklin to be back at QB ready to go and their defense did better as the year went on. They are faster than you give them credit for. Texas scored a grand total of 5 points. :) I would rather play Florida this year than Missouri for example.

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Martin will come in 3rd in the WWF tournament.
    He'll cry like a bitch.

tirk likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Les Miles will go to Michigan at season's end when Herbtreit's sources emphatically say he is staying.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Russell Shepard catches 40 passes this year.