Make the rape victims pay....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by gumborue, Oct 1, 2008.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

gonna be tough to get all the facts. maybe theyll come out later, but here is a story from an anchorage paper

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/523708.html

it was in practice for four years in the town under her watch. the chief of police would change the policy when a representative (state?) requested it. but dont know for sure she knew about it.

its hard for me to believe she wouldnt know in such a small town for such a long period of time, but its possible.

interested to know if it was policy before her administration took over.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

"recently released budget documents show that Sarah Palin directly shifted the cost of the rape kits from the police department to the victims in her budget for fiscal year 2000. If what a former city council member told CNN is true, that "Palin would review each department's budget line by line," then she either knew about the funding shift and approved it or was negligent in her role as state executive."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-alperinsheriff/sarah-palin-instituted-ra_b_125833.html

fwiw. not from the most unbiased source, but they do have city budget documents.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Assuming she WAS raped in the first place. Lots of crazy shiit goes on in Alaska.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

what i was thinking

YES! a rape exam is not "treatment". it is gathering evidence. gathering evidence from a womans body in a way that adds insult to an already horribly traumatic and degrading crime.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i wonder if they made inmates pay for their rape kits?

6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Ah, thanks for clarifying. This is definitely not cool. (Strong words, I know).

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

If someone seeks an examination and/or medical treatment as a rape victim and has no other coverage, I have no problem with my tax dollars being used.

If someone is irresponsible and gets pregnant, I'm not in favor of my tax dollars being used.

If a mother's life is truly in danger, I don't have a problem assisting with the cost.

I also believe those convicted of rape should face much harsher penalties than they currently do.

Sex crimes and crimes against children need to be at the top of our priority list. There should be absolutely NO repeat offenders. Screw the ACLU!...put them away forever!

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The costs to collect crime scene evidence is usually paid for by the state, not the victims.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What in the world does this have to do with a rape?

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Not a damn thing, just an attempt to change the subject.