Major Burns Commits

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Fishhead, Jun 6, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And what is your take on the kid that leads on a school telling them he's committed and then on NSD shocks that school because he's been lying to them the entire time?

ThePhenom74 likes this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I know you did, but I didn’t see a source. You could have been 100% right, I just didn’t know lol

3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

IMO, the real solution is letting kids sign a letter of intent at will beginning much sooner. Then, there will be no “commitments .” Just players who sign and players who don’t sign and no one will trust someone who says they’re going to a school unless they sign an LOI.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Like I've said many times, recruiting is a dirty game. I get that. I don't like the whole committed thing. If you're committed, don't shop around to enjoy the process. I think many kids feel their mind is made up, but then something may change it.

I don't like either aspect of leading a school or player on. Because at the end of the day, you will lose out on some of the players you feel you're cutting kids for. I know this is how nearly every major school does it. You have to, to compete.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Any truth to him having “eligibility issues”?

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I like that solution.

Speaking of getting screwed, some Missouri commitment just made a dramatic announcement by picking up the Missouri cap, then throwing it to the floor and then exposing an Arkansas shirt underneath what he had on.

Lol.

These kids.

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

That’s similar to what Greene did, just more dramatic. Greene was still “committed” to LSU as of yesterday. We all know he knew he was going to Clemson for at least weeks. That’s not dishonest at all...

8. Brian

Brian Founding Member

With the way our current plethora of corners are killing it to go with the mentioned grades concerns the concern is does he see the field soon? Is he worth that scholarship over another player who probably will help you more immediately?

We can't ignore how the landscape is changing with the transfer portal and how top kids like a Justin Shorter who go portal instead of fighting through it. Read an article where James Franklin said TE Gesicki had a comparable early struggle start at Penn State like Shorter. Gesicki though fights through it and becomes a second rounder. Portal is available suddenly though and Shorter enters it instead. The deductive reasoning is the staff probably felt he was high risk as a result.

didit and tzanghi like this.