LSwho Congrats!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by AirGator96, Dec 8, 2001.

1. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

AirGator and spelling

AirGator is that how they teach you to spell in Gainsville. It's congraTulations.

2. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

Steve S. vs Tubbyville

Steve a damn nice guy next to Tommy Tubbyville.

3. AirGator96

AirGator96 Freshman

Re: AirGator and spelling

No i just refuse to put a u and t together...

:0)

Gators 44 Sec Champions 15

4. Lizard King

Lizard King Freshman

Hey LSU fans.....another Gator fan here just to give all of you a sincere congratulations! Each and every member of my family and my complete list of ancestors were born and raised in central (Alexandria) and north (Monroe) Louisiana except myself. Our family moved to Tampa, Fla where I was born. Went to high school in Tampa and then, on to the University of Florida. So.....naturally, my second favorite team is LSU. In fact, I would love to see you guys beat Alabama and Auburn every year for the next, say 50 years.

I must say, after following SEC football for over 36 years, that ya's game against the catelope-colored Hilbillies was one of the best games I have ever viewed. I live here in Atlanta and I almost went to the game. In fact, one of my good friends is a LSU fan and almost had a ticket for me to sit in amongst all the rabid Tiger fans. I would have loved it!

Anyway.....all my best....and Go Tigers!

Lizard King

5. puttytat

puttytat Founding Member

Lizard King.............

thanks a bunch.....very classy post. I seriously doubt the result would have been the same in the SECCG if we would have had to play you guys. Sure we have had a change of personnel in our secondary for the better since we met last, but we just don't match up very well with you guys all around this year. In past years, we have just sucked. However, I hope we are starting something that will remain more on a consistent basis and not just a one year wonder. I really believe with this coaching staff that we are here to stay in the West. I look forward to next year in the Swamp. I have been there the last two times we have played and always enjoyed the Purple Porpoise!!!!!

:cool:

6. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

A Tiger Fan?

You call yourself a Tiger fan? How can you say you "seriously doubt" we would have won if we played the Gators. I think that the role we are on, the improved defense, and the nothing to lose attitude would have given the Gators fits, and we would have come away with the upset. We will never know because the Gators couldn't beat the Vols, so it is a moot point. But I certainly would never concede defeat without playing the game. I think the Tigers can beat anyone, just as anyone can beat us; that is the beauty of college football. Why would you, in my opinion, kiss up to the Gators? We will play them next year in the swamp, and with the glimpse of the future that we got Saturday Night in the Georgia Dome, I certainly think we will beat the Gators!! I know you are a fan, but just don't understand your comments. I go into every game thinking we can win, a lot times I think we can win with a lot of "if's". If we stop Gafney, If we slow down Alex Brown, If...etc. but I always think we can win!!

Call me a crazy insane moron if you will, but I am certainly a Tiger Fan if nothing else!! GEAUX TIGERS!!

7. Lizard King

Lizard King Freshman

I can understand your point there. All of us want to go into a game thinking that we can and should be able to beat our opponent. Look what Colorado did to Nebraska....and nobody ever dreamed that the Buffs would hang that many points and run THAT well against Nebraska!

In my previous post, I wanted to just let all the LSU fans know that the Gators are NOT the "evil empire" of the Eastern Division. AND.....that it is about time that someone step up to the plate and take control of the West.....instead of the Alabuma's and Awbrin's of the world.

LSU should have been rulin' the roost a long time ago. Now that you guys are the Conference Champs (feels good, doesn't it!) and are on top.....your team needs to STAY on top. Alabama will be down for the next couple of years or more.....the Mississippi schools, unfortunately, have not been up consistantly for over 25 years.....so....now is your time.

Oh....by the way....here is an interesting quote from a Volunteer fan (from our Gator Board) that I thought the Tigers might like:

"I went to Atlanta on Saturday night. I had free tickets compliments of corporate America. Thousands were turned away and I saw very few scalpers selling any tickets. We outnumbered LSU fans probably 8-1. Sadly, Tennessee has many fair weather fans that arrived in Atlanta thinking we would coast on to Pasadena. I saw a bunch of idiots with roses. For all of them I am somewhat glad we lost.

Give LSU all the credit. They came ready to play when we didn't even get off the bus mentally. If you can't beat a team with a backup QB and TB, you certainly don't deserve a shot at the NC. Tennessee beating Florida means absolutely nothing with our tanking vs. LSU. We just both got knocked out of the NC race.

Tennessee's showing at The Citrus Bowl will be dismal (fan-wise). I think both Michigan and Tennessee will be flat. Historically, we don't match up well with Big X, Big XII teams."

Well, guys, have a great time this recruiting season. Have fun out-recruiting Bama, Arkansas and the rest.....this should be good for you.

Lizard King (Played offensive tackle for the West Monroe Rebels back in 1969)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Re: AirGator and spelling

Obviously they don't teach you either...it's spelled Gainesville.

Phhht...Tigers.

9. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

gainesville? never heard of it