LSU Vs. Wisconsin @ Lambeau Field

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTyga73, Apr 28, 2013.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

According to Jim Kleinpeter, LSU has denied the report of LSU vs. Wisc in Houston.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Looks like EPSN and LSU are looking for an opponent for next year in Reliant. Wiscosin is one but LSU said they are talking to multiple teams.

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Let's play Texas!

luvdimtigers likes this.
  5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I disagree with anyone who thinks lsu has nothing to gain by playing in Green Bay. Anytime you go play in another part of the country it brings great exposure to the team, hell that is how Notre Dame built their national fanbase. And playing in an incredible stadium like Lambeau only adds to the allure. An I'd bet anything that the Tigah fans will travel very well.

Richdog likes this.
  6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It would be incredible to see the Tigers take the field in the frozen tundra.

The Reliant game would be good, as well, but a return game at Lambeau the next September would be epic, and I would make every effort to get there, myself.

7. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Agreed. As long as it is in September before the tundra is frozen. :) These tigers aren't build for icy games.

StaceyO likes this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/08/lsu_wisconsin_to_play_neutral.html

It's all set! LSU will play Wisconsin at Reliant Stadium in Houston in 2014 and at Lambeau Field in 2016. I can't wait for this matchup as it'll help expand the LSU brand up north and help out with recruiting in Houston and Texas. FYI, Wisconsin also plays Alabama in 2015 in the Cowboys Classic, so props to them for being up for the challenge.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I like how LSU addressed this. Seems like the Wisconsin side was trying to put the pressure on by leaking deals to play at just Lambeau to the media. LSU likely with the help of ESPN made sure we could get a semi Home and Home and they came down South first and not left at the alter if the games were reversed.