LSU Vs. Wisconsin @ Lambeau Field

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTyga73, Apr 28, 2013.

1. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-wisconsin-hopes-to-play-lsu-at-lambeau-field

This would be awesome for college football and us as fans but I don't know how realistic it is. I would love the idea of LSU playing up north at Lambeau. The reporter does mention the chances being low unless LSU could get an additional home game against Wisconsin in the Superdome or somewhere. Wisconsin definitely has more to gain from it but it could help out recruiting up north although we don't really need it.

2. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

THE LSU FIGHTING TIGERS TAKE THE FIELD AT THE ICE-COLD FROZEN TUNDRA OF LAMBEAU FIELD ! ! ! !

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Alabama and Nick Saban will open 2015
    against Wisconsin.

March 20, 2013, CBS

About eight months after Alabama turned
    down a Wisconsin offer for a home-and-
    home series, the two programs have agreed
    to play each other in the 2015 season
    opener at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington,
    Texas. The game is set for Sept. 5, 2015

The move continues Alabama's recent
    practice of scheduling high-profile
    nonconference games at neutral sites. The
    Tide beat Clemson and Virginia Tech in
    Atlanta in 2008 and 2009, respectively, and
    opened 2012 with a win over Michigan at
    Cowboys Stadium. They'll start 2014 against
    West Virginia in Atlanta.
    The two programs have played just once, a
    15-0 win by the Badgers in Madison in 1928.

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Barry Alvarez is reportedly looking to add another
    SEC heavyweight to the Badgers' future
    schedules -- and this time, at a venue much
    closer to Madison than Cowboys Stadium.

Wisconsin is "in the
    market" for another neutral-site game and
    would prefer to play LSU at Green Bay's
    legendary Lambeau Field.

Wisconsin isn't just talking the talk when it
    comes to upgrading the Badgers'
    nonconference schedule.

hosting the LSU Fighting Tigers
    at Lambeau would give them a much
    stronger shot at pulling the (likely) upset
    than playing the Tigers, well, anywhere else
    that wasn't Camp Randall.

as for the Badger-Tiger matchup,
    it's a potentially beautiful thing

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

National exposure in prime-time. There's the only benefit I see from this game.

Recruiting? There I don't see any benefit other than kids seeing it on national TV. Playing in Wisconsin provides nothing. It's simply not a fertile recruiting ground. Desolate is the word.

I looked at Wisconsin, as a state, and if I recall correctly—using rankings to judge talent—they've produced three, four star players since 2010. Not a single five star from the state but a lot of three star talent. As I see it, if you are looking at a kid that's not going to produce until what's likely his third year in school take someone from closer to home.

If the game was in Detroit, I'd say "good recruiting move." Chicago? The same.

As much as I appreciate what Alvarez built in Madison I still see him as sneaky. In proper context, this is nothing more than a home game for the Badgers. And, if turned down, you'll see him publicize its denial as "LSU doesn't want to play Wisconsin."

I say that based on what he did last year. When the neutral site game was offered to Wisconsin, he countered with a home and home proposition. When Bama turned that down he immediately came out with "Alabama turned down a home and home series." In the end, he agreed to a neutral site game.

Lambeau? Far, far from a neutral site.

BRETT likes this.
  6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Couldn't have said it better. LSU has nothing to gain from this.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

nola.com says this two-game series only happens if the SEC doesn't go to a 9-game conference schedule.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't think it will happen. Aleva has said that LSU has no interest in a single game in Wisconsin. They want a single game is Dallas. Wisconsin will not likely schedule another SEC contender in Dallas after playing Bama in 2014.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'd be interested to find out why they don't want to play in Dallas. All I can assume as well is opening in back to back years in Dallas. But even still, you can't tell me a school from that far north wouldn't like to get at least a toe in the door for Texas athletes. Especially considering the derth of offensive talent found instate for the Badger program.

Which brings me back to an earlier point.

The majority of the talent in the B1G comes from which states? For one, Michigan. So, why would Alvarez not offer a game in Detriot? Heck, I realize the stadium is likely older than Alvarez but I'd love to see a contest in Soldier Field. Illinois has to be in the top five for talent for B1G teams, no? The Meadowlands was a place I thought about when the talks first began with our schools. The NE consistently has a handful of players who receive offers from the majority of SEC schools.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I don't think Wisconsin would be competitive if we played on their practice field. Though I would prefer a loss to Wisconsin to a win over Towson any day. The shame!

Richdog likes this.