LSU vs UT discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Sep 2, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I am watching the LSU highlights from this weekend. I feel like we might be ready to drop the hammer on this. We REALLY looked crisp in my 2nd watch.

If we come out like this, we are going to score; a lot.

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

The dismantling of GSU was one of the best season openers in recent memory. All three units were firing on all cylinders with very few mistakes. Feeling good about this team and confident that we will lay the wood on Texas.

3. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Wish we were playing Oklahoma this week

Neither team is at LSU’s level of execution and I’m upping my 20+ Point rout prediction to 30+ points ... We opened -4 today

Furthermore ... It will be 100F at kickoff with 60% Humidity only dropping 5 degrees by games end ... How does Oeaux plan to meet this challenge with special diet and game prep

There are challenges ... There are mountains!

UT Daryl Royal Stadium is a “hole” without a South End Enclosure ... Winds from West at nothing = trapped Heat

Hope LSU doesn’t spare ANY EXPENSE here

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

This may have been the best prepared D I have seen in a while in spite of it being GS. GS gave everyone fits last year with their triple option, Aranda's D was having none of that. GS had no place to go. On offense Burrow looked like he has been on campus for 4 years and totally in sinc with his WR's, WR's didn't drop one pass, we now have 3 legitimate TE's and all 3 caught passes and the OL looks better now that they are healthy and have a little more depth. Passing game is obviously improved and hats off to O and E bringing in help from Brady. I thought the play calling was spot on as we took advantage of their secondary with our great recievers. To me it looks like CEH and Curry are our best options at RB but expect both Davis and Emery to play more as the year goes on. Lastly Brennan looks much better and his zip on the ball is a thing of beauty. Speaking of QB's it's amazing to see how O has changed the perception of LSU not having big time QB's. Not only do we now have 2 quality QB's now but O is bringing in 2 more this year and from the what I have read and seen we have 2 really good walk on's with AJ Aycock and this kid from Kansas John McKernan. Both these kids are big, can run and can throw they are both very impressive on video. We also have Parrish waiting in the wings. We are 5 deep at QB this year. Hat's off to O and E for changing the QB culture at LSU.

NO INJURIES!

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The simplest explanation is that speed kills. If the D is fast enough and coached well enough every option of the triple option is doomed before the ball is snapped.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

EXACTLY!

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Has anyone watched any of the Tx game? I saw a highlight or two and heard them say that Elingher is more accurate this year but is he?

I know Tx lost a bunch from last years team and I suspect a lot of that is off of the lines. He is a bull of a runner. Our D line needs to be able to put him on his ass early and often then have Chassion getting after him.

Bengal B and KyleK like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They gave up over 300 passing on D.

I haven’t watched to know the context.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Maybe that was it, they may have lost 8 from the D they started last year

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That was my impression. Their D was supposedly going to take a hit, but I don’t know if most where in the second half etc.

The numbers look like thy do when LSU used to play a cupcake lol.

Need to take some time and watch it.