LSU vs ULM Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Feb 15, 2019.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well that shakes up the nerves a bit. Guess it is only game 1

2. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

I'm not a big baseball fan, but I sure enjoyed this thread. Thanks...

kcal and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

2 things. Zack Hess looks exactly the same as he did last year minus that shitty change up regularly deposited over the scoreboard. Dunn working his magic again it seems.

Josh Smith is no Alex Bregman.

CPM said Hess is the best starter maybe in the country and Smith is AB. Both are good but cmon.

Anyhow bring on Beloso and Todd Peterson. I'm expecting their personalities to lead this team eventually.

Eric Walker was big. Once he found his rhythm it settled the team down. The opposite of Hess. The team reflected Zacks wildness. Ulm lit him up. Finished and started with a walk. That was exactly what we didn't want to see.

lsu-i-like and LSUpride123 like this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That error by smith didn’t help.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That’s why I like Hess our of the pen. He can focus all his rage for like 1-2 innings and dominate.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Nothing that has not been said before... Hess is a mess, Walker looked great for the lay-off. Bottom of the lineup sucked. Cabrera is a beast and if Duplaintis is hitting homers all season, woah Nelly!

tirk likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hess has his moments, but when he is off it can get ugly.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    watson1880 likes this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Will Duplantis' next homerun be inside the park or standard fare. I'll take the former.

What will his season total be? Ill say he hits one more total.

watson1880 likes this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Was kind of my thinking. Glad he did that 3 hole assignment justice, but he is not a power hitter nor do we want him to be. Dup is a gap ninga with wheels and it is only a matter of time before he is lead off again.

Hess needs a shrink. There is not a whole bunch of sunshine left to pump up his ass. I just wonder how long before they give up the science project. Those 2 bombs he served up are all on Dunn. I swear both CPM and Dunn were connected at the dick at some point because their philosophy and building the confidence of a mental pitcher is in the mirror. Or on it. Whatever, when a kid needs an exorcist, you call a preacher, not Alan Dunn

Walker was a thing of beauty. He had nerves for a second but once he settled in, you know why we lost in omaha 2 years ago. So glad to see him back. You can tell when he is on his shit too. He starts out pale and jittery, but once the sweat glands open up, he turns pink and he starts sticking their shit. I fuckin love that kid.

Henry got some work to do. He looks like a giant Hess. His command is questionable early but his velocity is without question.

Bottom of the order is quiet so far, but 1 game is not gonna tell us everything. The middle of the order is off the chains and really is where all the money is at. I think the bottom is gonna be a revolving door up till we see conference play kick in. I like the Geo kid. Once his swing kicks in, look out.

Today is a bigger game than we think. I am torn on this one because I never pick against the black knights, but I wanna see Marceaux kill it as well. Think I'll just shut up and enjoy the show.

lsu-i-like and kcal like this.