LSU vs Southern Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Sep 10, 2022.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

GEAUX TIGERS!
    Hope creating this thread is okay, @shane0911! I did so last week and LSU lost. I have no doubt we see a better result tonight!

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I figured it out….

we displeased the football gods by starting the FSU official game thread a day early…

no issues today…

GEAUX TIGERS!

shane0911 and northernvatiger like this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

from Brodie Miller at the athletic regarding culture and process….

I know we have catastrophe syndrome or battered spouse syndrome having survived the last regime, but we have to trust in the “process”

he’s got a 10 yr deal…..

“So much went wrong for LSU in its deflating opening loss. Its best defensive player Maason Smith went down for the season with a torn ACL. Its offensive line got beat in one-on-ones. It couldn’t get off the field on third down. Its star receiver struggled to make an impact and showed anger on the sideline. Its team captain got ejected for targeting the quarterback. It muffed two punts and had two kicks blocked.

So what has Kelly done since? He’s kept Nabers with the punt return team, because he stands by his exceptional talent. He’s commended receivers like Kayshon Boutte, Nabers and more for how competitive they are and worked on counseling them to handle tough moments. He focused on how LSU needs to change blocking strategies instead of benching players.

Much of his philosophy can be found in his response about what needs to change. Sure, he listed the problems, the tackling, the communication, all the basics. But then he said:

“Look, this isn’t coachspeak. We have to do a better job coaching our players, and they have to do a better job of execution.

“So what’s execution? Execution is really playing with great confidence and trusting your teaching. And sometimes in the moment, you lose that trust, and you go back to some things that you had done before. That sometimes is not the best way to do it.”

There it is. Kelly is trying to trust the big picture and not become reactionary. Attention was paid to how calm and unemotional Kelly appeared on the sideline for much of Sunday’s game as so much went wrong. Even after the loss, he spoke in his news conference matter of factly and without panic. Kelly is in Baton Rouge on a 10-year deal, and he acts like a man who has baked the bad moments into his algorithm for how LSU needs to turn it all around. The key is not to change everything off one bizarre game.”

4. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

For the Queen!!!

E260F764-E5B7-46AA-84EF-7C4E3BBF1162.jpeg

Winston1, KyleK, HalloweenRun and 2 others like this.
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I love CBK and I think he's going to do a great job. I just hope today we see a big improvement in OL play, tackling, kicking game and stopping third conversions. Give him time and he will get it turned around. College football fans are so unrealistic and think things will change overnight and that's just not reality.

northernvatiger likes this.
  6. northernvatiger

I know it's Southern on the schedute today. That said, we will see improvements in all phases of the game and LSU covers the point spread.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

need to see continuity on the ol and from the lbs…

going to stretch the field early and feed boutte, then a steady diet of cain…

gotta pray for no injuries and for a clean game

wouldn’t mind to see a 60 + win…

team needs to get used to scoring touchdowns…

northernvatiger likes this.
  8. northernvatiger

With you 100%. Feed Boutee early and often.
    And let's have a flawless game on special teams!

9. northernvatiger

10. northernvatiger

Almost gametime.
    Let's geaux!

shane0911 likes this.