LSU vs South Carolina Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, Oct 21, 2020.

1. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Need me to drop in and input a bit of positivity? You guys are seriously negative of late

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Meh, I’d call it “realistic”

3. LSU_4_LIFE

Linehan’s role in our offense (3rd down and redzone) has been disastrous this year.

Sure we can give him credit for Saturday’s success on those two portions of our offense. They looked improved. We will see if it’s sustained.

It’s just like the defense. How much blame goes on coaches vs players. In my opinion, being unable to punch it in from the 1 yard line on 4 tries against Mizzou falls on the players (mainly the o-line). But, not attempting an under center run with Tory Carter lead blocking at least 1 time, falls on Linehan/Ensminger. If the answer is “because we never practiced it” again, on the coaches.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

don't you have an ankle to tape?

5. LSU_4_LIFE

Ouch

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

According to Saban, it wouldn't need to be taped had he not tried to return a ball so deep in the end zone.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I only reappeared because as I thought you guys would be blaming the offense despite our woes on defense and of course I was right. How can you argue our offense averaging 43 points is a problem? So you were ready to fire Linehan even before the season I see which just proves my point. 3rd downs are a product of execution and the blame goes for everyone on offense who fails to execute their assignment on a third down play. Since your mind was already made up about Linehan before he called one play at LSU makes you biased from the start. When a play call fails there is nothing Linehan can do to make you not blame him totally because of your bias. Troll? Think not call me an "exposer" as in exposing your one dementional view of offensive football.

CONSISTENT DEFENSE IS OUR ISSUE NOT OFFENSE. Bo needs to prove he can improve this D. O is a fiery motivated SOB and I trust he will get the D turned around or bye bye Bo.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

Trust me, we’ve been much harder on the defense and it’s not even close. I don’t know of one person blaming our offense for our losses, not one.

I made one comment about Linehan in the game thread on Saturday and 50+ blaming the defense. Yet that’s the one you’ll pounce on. Go figure.

Let’s not act like the Linehan comment wasn’t earned either. Going into Saturday our offense was 9 of 39 on 3rd down coming off an 0 for 10 performance against a terrible Missouri team in which we couldn’t score from the 1 yard line on 4 attempts.

You can defend that shit show all you want, but I’m confident you’ll stand alone in doing so.

65Grad and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

why did our oc wait until game 4 to rediscover the ground game?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I'll be honest with you that I think we were working specifically on our pass game and just giving Brennan more reps. That was my take away