LSU vs SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kappakall, Sep 24, 2017.

1. kappakall

kappakall Founding Member

Guys, it appears to me that our strength is in our skill guys, HOWVER Canada wants to pre-snap motion and run the ball. Again, If we had a dominate (Michigan Offensive line maybe), but we don't. How in the world do we think we will come close to blocking the SEC defensive fronts??

Guice would be sooooo much better running out of the 1-back gun system. Spread folks out and run the ball. If we played Alabama tomorrow with this running attack the game would end in negative yardage...

Our skill guys are better. Open the offense up and let these guys run free. This floppy flippy offense motion left right turn around and go back is making me sick.... SHIT

LSU_4_LIFE and Nutriaitch like this.
  2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Nick will take a mercy knee on us as he will in Nov

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

After all that pre-snap motion, most of it pointless, all of it boring, I see slow-developing plays that collapse because they depend highly on a weak offensive line.

LSU_4_LIFE and kappakall like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don't feel like I'm watching a masterpiece so far with Eaux and staff. Hoping it amounts to polishing a turd right now instead of a bunch of monkeys slinging shit.

LSU_4_LIFE and el005639 like this.
  5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I will say this, though, in Canada's defense: using up most of the play clock to run a play reduces the number of snaps and mitigates somewhat the lack of depth in both our offensive and defensive lines.

Bayou Tiger and Brian like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I heard a story that when Guice went to play in a high school all star game, can't remember if it was Under Armour or The Army one, they had a lot of running backs and Guice offered to play wide receiver and he won the offensive MVP at receiver.

Throw Guice the god damn ball out of the backfield. I agree with the original post, single back formation, you can have him run routes out of the backfield as well as carry the ball.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think Canada is still getting guys to learn his system. When our guys block, the plays look good. Its when they just dont even touch Linemen it looks like ass.

The motions are clearly causing confusion... on our end, but I am not ready to throw in the towel on it yet.

Brennan looked good. Doesn't look scared in the pocket. That pick was a bad route. Glad he got some game time.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

I don’t think there is an issue with the motions. I do think it will work to disguise what will be run. However you can’t do jack if you don’t have linemen to block.

IMO Canada needs to start moving the pocket around and let Etling roll out more. That will buy time and help with the non blocking issues.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Etling's accuracy drops way off when he is moving rather than standing in the pocket. Either find some way to protect him, which I doubt can be done this season, or see if Brennan is more active while running for his life.

LSU_4_LIFE and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Link? I could have sworn that was the other way around.

Brennan has a much quicker release so that would help with the o line issues.

LSU_4_LIFE and KyleK like this.