LSU vs Rice Game 6 - 12:40 cst - Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Jun 6, 2005.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Believe it or not, but SF really is a pretty nice guy. I think maybe he might be having a bad day. Right now, his tonsils and his hemorrhoids are at battle right below his rib cage. :shock: :crystal: LSU!

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I'd add Stavinoha in on that short list, too, FT. Aside from these 3, in terms of
    talent and spark, I don't see anybody else on the position players roster
    that could have played for Skip...and yes, that means even Clay Harris, too.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

WWW.FIRESMOKE.COM

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Well here are some thoughts from the game.

1. Great Ball game. No one really deserved to win or lose. Both teams made awesome plays to keep there pitchers in it.

2. The idea to start Determan which i still disagree with did not cost LSU the game. He pitched well enough to win. I still think that Dirks should have started.

3. A team that cant lay down a sac bunt doesnt deserve to win.

4. The thing I cant believe over it all is that Smoke said in his PC after the game was that SMITH was going to start Tuesday if they got there. That is a joke man. That means that your 2nd best pitcher would not have pitched but 2 innings in the regional. Cmon Smoke what are you thinking?

5. Hats off to Determan, he left it on the field.

5. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

no... and no.

there.

6. tirk

yeah they were last in the SEC West midway then won it.

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I agree with you Tirk. But, even though they were in last, they were never down by more than 2 games I think? So even though people panicked, it wasnt really anything to panick over.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Not to mention that you're throwing your ace on 2 days rest against a team that just pummelled him.

This, in a nutshell, is why Smoke Laval has no business running this program.
    He had absolutely no plan as to how to handle this pitching staff in the postseason. The guy is just plain ill-prepared...and that usually stems from
    out-and-out laziness.

It's Mike Archer all over again. He won the first two years w/ Arnsparger's teams, and then he got lazy and rested on his laurels (at least recruiting-wise).

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Man O Man, Smoke is on the hot seat already.

I think many will be hoping we lose next year so Smoke is gone.

:dis:

10. tirk

Actually his postseason rotation was excellent. Using Meier then Lane worked to perfection. The only problem questionable start was starting determan today when you have Dirks and planned to start Smith again tomorrow.

If you waste Dirks in relief, which we did, then there's the problem. Determan has started and pitched 7-8 innings in the past here so I knew he could go but there's no tomorrow. He pitched plenty well to win and LSU hit probably 100 points higher than any team in their regional and the defense was overall solid.

Its a no-brainer to bunt the runners with no outs and Liuzza up. He has to execute. He's not some freshman nor a big slugger who doesn't know how.

prepare for LSU Smeauxll_Ball next year.