LSU vs. Quasimodos in Maui GameDay thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TheRealist, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ben was just biding his time until the draft already knowing he was going to get an instant millionaire. Waters knows he is going to have to earn it on the court.

Brian likes this.
  2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I think he also chose a guy like CJJ because he knew he could just do whatever he wanted and it'd be acceptable. I know he had a godfather on staff, but I think he basically wanted to goof off and he found a coach that would let him until he got to the Association. He certainly has been a disappointing representative of LSU in every way since. That would not have worked under a Coach Cal, Coach K, etc.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Ben was a walking billboard for the uselessness of the one-and-done rule. There've been many players who knew they were good enough to go right to the NBA. But there was never any doubt Simmons would be the number one pick whenever he became eligible. He had no interest in playing college ball and never made any effort to make it appear otherwise. I like to keep up with former LSU athletes in all sports, but I could not care less what Simmons does. He was never a Tiger in my opinion, because he never had Tigers in his heart.

lsu-i-like and Brian like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So true. He is the poster boy for everything wrong with the 1 and done, including being a cancer in the locker room. Dude is no Tiger.

lsu-i-like, stevescookin and Brian like this.
  5. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

Geaux Tigers!

Brian likes this.