LSU vs Missouri Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Oct 7, 2023.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Not sure what your definition of a long way is. Admittedly, I am spoiled. 3 nattys in 4 tries in the last 20 years. Two team nattys this year. Of course, we can’t win nattys every year and we have done better than anyone else over the last 20 years with team nattys and done the 2nd best in CFB over that time. So, unfortunately, my definition of going a “long way” is probably very high. I see this team as being in a coin-flip in the rest of the SEC games with a slight edge in each due to the offense being so good. But going a “long way”? Not seeing it. Too bad. We may end up wasting the 2nd best offense LSU has ever seen.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

If they could somehow get the defense fixed and the offense continues playing like they have been, they could possibly win out but not likely. Bama is the only team in the west ahead in the win loss column. If, and it’s a big if, but if they beat Bama & TAM, they are in the SEC Championship. I think they can handle Auburn & Florida. If that happens that’s what I mean by a Long way. Not much chance of beating Georgia

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea IF.

The issues are not something I see being actually fixed with the current staff. I see them primarily as coaching related and it's a philosophy that I see changing week to week. This tells me they aren't even confident in what they coach. What I suspect is we have some good games relative to the past and some games were the D is just out of position the entire game.

Sure, we can say this player that player but a lot of what makes good coaches is recognizing this. I think the most glaring example of the fact that our coaches are out of place is their absolute cluelessness in using Perkins.

You telling me that after last year, you are just now "figuring" out how to use Perkins 6 games in???

[​IMG]

In our past championship teams, we knew out the gate what we were and it never changed. Yea, every year some new players ball out, but the core fundamentals are there week 1.

I've long given up on the "improving major defects as we go to be happy about the next year"...

Can we win the west? Yea. Is it probable? 50/50. Can we win the SEC? Yea. Is it probable? 25/75

I just dont think there is much you can do mid stroke.

And yea, our offense is really really good. Which is now more a pain in the ass to watch.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2023
    shane0911 likes this.