LSU vs. Mississippi State -- possible game times (11 am, or 2:30 pm, or 5 pm)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Oct 7, 2019.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the rest of the country says a big "waaaah". There is so much SEC football on TV, it's ridiculous if you aren't an SEC fan. What you are saying is, we dominate everything, we get more revenue because, well, ESECPN, but we don't wanna play early cuz it's hot.

It's strictly formula for them. Play a cupcake + at home = play early.

el005639 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If it meant more in the PAC 12 USC would have never fallen to the level they are at now.

Rolan and furduknfish like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh now you've done it

Bengal B, Rolan and el005639 like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Second

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Shots fired

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

there were discussions back in the summer about the pac12 playing 9 am local in order to capture more tv share

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And you thought I was going to disagree with you that football is more important to people in the Southeast than to people in SoCal? I don't.

But does that have anything to do with USC's current predicament? No. We were always the flagship of the conference and even as shit as we are, the conference still needs a competitive USC. We typically dominate TV ratings compared to other conference teams. We should have pursued our own TV contract rather than take the meager nibble that gets divided amongst everyone. Sorry, but no way that Wazzu, the Beavs, Colorado, ucla should be on equal TV revenue footing with USC, Oregon, Furd.

More importantly, we have never really recovered from the inside hit job at the NZAA. At the same time, USC hired Steven Sample, then Max Nikias to be President and both were/are egotistical ivory tower elitists who wanted academic rankings above football. Me personally, I was happy to have USC be a decent school where alums went on to solid careers and we played damn good football. To know that we are considered academically on par with Berkeley and ucla means jack to me. Until USC's administration makes a full and complete commitment to the football program, we won't ever be shit again. You think I don't know that?

furduknfish, el005639 and Bengal B like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know what goes on with the school politics but its it's a shame to let a once proud tradition of football excellence slide to also ran status. I always rooted for the condoms once a year. When they played Notre Dame.

furduknfish and kcal like this.
  9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

To borrow a phrase, I feel your pain, and hope things change for yall. Until then just know your always welcome here and maybe one day we will turn you to a tiger fan.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village