LSU vs Mississippi State Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Sep 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Y'all are missing what Kelly is doing. IMHO Kelly is running an offense to fit JD's skills and shortfalls. Face it people untill somehow Nuss "gets it" (I am very skeptical) or Howard shows he is better or untill we get a great QB recruit or lastly a great QB transfer shows up that is better than this is the best we have.

Chipeace likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That’s what he did in the 4th quarter. The first 3 quarters we were figuring it out.

I’m happy with the outcome, and based on the press conference this afternoon, I think BK now realizes he has to coach around JD’s weaknesses. Which is fine, there are some things he does very well. And Nuss has his issues, no doubt.

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

As I mentioned before...LSU is 2 points away from being undefeated.
    Are we a really good team? No way in hell ,yet. We're a work in progress and we'll probably lose a couple more games by a few points.
    This team has a pretty fiesty attitude, though. That's a breath of fresh air. I love that we don't quit.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Better to be lucky than good.
    #milesball

lsu-i-like and Winston1 like this.
  5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Went to the game. I thought or DL looked at lot better. We still need help at DB badly. We don't have a good running game. Emery is not the answer. OL still needs a ton of work.

Jayden Daniels is basically out entire Offense, at this point. Kid plays his heart out every game. You can argue his skills, but he is giving the effort.

Not sure how the season will go. I hated Kelly going for it going it 4th & 4 yards near midfield. Of course we failed. We got lucky State is inept. Better teams than State will make us pay dearly for dumb coaching decisions like that.

All that said, it was a good test to see how we can handle a tough game.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That was purely a product of the pirate going for it on his own 20 whatever it was. The fact that they converted sealed the deal, Kelly had to try at that point.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Give him time. He hasn't played a game in almost two years. He looked like he was about a half a step late on breaking a couple long runs off, which should improve as he knocks the rust off.

I don't really disagree with anything else you said. The OL has improved and I think they will continue to, but you're right, they still have a lot of work to do. The DBs benefited from the game plan. Rogers was confused and wasn't making good reads/throws, and when he did, there were drops. Although some of those drops were probably due to the cumulative effect of getting rocked by Jay Ward all night.

mctiger likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Like with the OL, lots of possible combinations to be explored at DB, even more than the OL, in fact. Banks getting healthy will help, and the success of true freshmen Campbell, Jones and Perkins makes me wonder if Laterrance Welch could be the next to get a shot.

Speaking of freshman, its interesting that Jones is starting at tackle and Dellenger at guard, the opposite of where they were recruited. I'm wondering if they tried it the other way at practice and it didn't look good.

MobileBengal likes this.
  9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Welch is on the participation list for the last two games, I assume on special teams. So I take that as a sign that they want to get him on the field. Big time recruit, high 4*, so hopefully he gets involved sooner than later. Also, Kelly was very complementary of Jaelyn Davis-Robinson in camp, so I expect to see him getting more snaps as time goes on, too.

Didn't Emery play tackle at Catholic? I think they are both just big, super athletic guys that can do a lot of different things well. Dellinger has played every position at this point. But you're right, they probably tried every combination and like this one the best.

mctiger likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I believe Jones was a guard at Catholic, but don't quote me.

MobileBengal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.