LSU vs Mississippi State Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Sep 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He looked like crap a good portion of the game. If BK and Denbrock can use JD effectively, great, but I’m not sure he’s ever going to read a defense.

2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

He seems to be very inaccurate on is throws to the left sidline.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He sucks on most passes under 10 yards. The farther away the wr the better chance it's a decent pass

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I've noticed the same.. on short passes he looks like he rushes to get the ball out and it usually ends up being a bad throw. He's got to be able to calm down and control how fast/slow the game moves for him to improve... Honestly I think he's realizing that the SEC, even the mediocre teams, are as advertised.. Maybe it's still taking him some adjustment; hopefully he can do it.

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Swerved likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Went to game last night. Sat in S endzone section behind whole slew of dog fans. They were classy and good sports. Drunk LSU fans behind me, not so much. Pretty sad talking shit when it takes you 46min to takel lead.

Having said that, its harder to see the plays from that perspective but it looked like the Oline gave him more than a few plays where he had time to get thru progressions. He chose to run instead. He also stares down his 1 with the intensity of taint staring at that Les Miles poster above his bed. There were a lot of open deep receivers, he just never made the downfield throws. If I had to guess there was no pass attempts deeper than 15yds. Is that Denbrock playin safe or os it JD scared to give up a pic, I dunno.

The D is still playin soft, usually to tune of 5yds off rec. Amazed Pirate didnt keep hitting em in that open middle. Rest of SEC is gonna feast on House's AAC defense.

The good, we won. The bad, we won. Feel like its milesball again...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

That is because the longer pass gives our receivers more time to adjust to his inaccurate throws.

rockwallfan, shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Comment of the week right there.. lol

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

from the athletic:

just keep getting better….

Best performance by a team not named Georgia: LSU
    The Tigers finished with a net negative in the transfer portal, and transitioning from Ed Orgeron to Brian Kelly was never going to be easy. Then they lost All-SEC talent Maason Smith as the rock of their defensive front. Then they lost to a struggling Florida State program in dramatic fashion.

LSU stock was cheap. Those who bought cashed in Saturday. After falling behind 13-0 late in the second quarter, the Tigers shut down Mississippi State’s offense and revved up their own, outscoring the Bulldogs 31-3 the rest of the way for a resounding win.

The Tigers still have issues finding a consistent running game outside of Jayden Daniels, but when he’s getting loose, it’s effective. He did it all day against MSU, racking up 93 yards and a score. And while Kayshon Boutte has still had a weirdly quiet season, every time LSU needed a big catch late, Daniels found Malik Nabers to convert. The Tigers are figuring some things out.

Oh, and that season-opening loss? Florida State is 3-0 after going on the road and beating Louisville on Friday, even after losing quarterback Jordan Travis, who torched the Tigers. The Tigers may not be SEC West contenders yet, but they’ll be a tough out. Hold on to that stock in Baton Rouge.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

more:

EE764061-88A5-469F-8A04-A414FD8DB6D5.png

lsu-i-like likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.