LSU vs FSU in NOLA Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Sep 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Ed Orgeron, you beotch!

rockwallfan likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That was the number of scholarships we had in the bowl game. It was what Kelly had to start with when he took the job

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I’ll take that bet.

4. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Thing is, we can’t keep firing coaches with big $’s left on their contract. Only a few schools can afford that. I must say, it was a guttsier performance than I’ve seen the last 2 years. But it hurts to see LSU not meeting LSU standards. Give BK time. It was game 1 after 2 years of crap.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Im with you 100%. I’m not saying definitively that BK will bring home a championship, but his process and rebuild is going to take time if that’s what we’re after.

While hiring some gimmicky offensive coach may have polished this turd faster and given fans more hope sooner, it would have been nothing more than fools gold and Woodward knew that. This program was and still is in need of an overhaul.

Maybe coming out week 1 and beating Ball State, Mercer, Sam Houston, Georgia St, Miami (OH) or Troy would have given the fans more hope to start the season, but make no mistake, this would still be a work in progress and this particular LSU team is not competing for an SEC championship this year, and neither are the teams who beat the teams listed above. Let their fans have that false hope. I’ll be realistic.

Be patient. Let’s see how BK and this team responds and continues to improve. Let’s see how he builds this program back with his recruits.

6. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Say it ain't so, StaceyO!

StaceyO likes this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

… with apologies to don mclean..

“a long, long time ago
    i can still remember
    how LSU used to make me smile”

Chipeace and StaceyO like this.
  8. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Next year FSU does not have a cupcake game before LSU. I look forward to pounding that team into the dirt in Orlando.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Doesn't have a cupcake game on the schedule...yet...

I abhor scheduling a decent opponent for the first game (UCLA, Va Tech, FSU), and then having them go and schedule a game to work out the kinks.

Couldn't we all agree that playing Southern LAST week might've helped us more than playing them THIS week?

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Now, maybe I am wrong, but if he'd made that Les Miles-esque call (I really do miss the goofy, wild bastard from the early years of his LSU tenure), and didn't succeed, you'd have been unhappy that he didn't opt for the "safer" option.

Hindsight and all that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.