LSU vs FCS schools

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Sep 9, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thats what I mean. Its like the "never go full retard" quote. LSU goes all in!!! From when Saban was here to Miles, to O. It seems to be a Louisiana mentality thing.

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Honestly who gives a shit what the score is against an fcs school. I wish the ncaa wouldnt allow it in the first place. Let's move on to auburn.

Brian, ParadiseiNC, LSUTiga and 2 others like this.
  3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Great research! Thanks for doing this. It is quite something that LSU has a history of playing down to these schools. Just once I wish we would totally pummel one of these schools...

TBTrumpet and Bengal B like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Are you seeing the same stats I am seeing? Besides schools dont have histories coaches do. However I see alot of pummeling on that list.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

By "pummeling" I mean regularly hanging 50+ points on these schools... Semantics I suppose. The main thing is not losing to them.

Brian, GregLSU and Bengal B like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don’t care how big the margin vs SLU is, I just want to see a well coached team executing at a high level. This does happen all over the country, but Orgeron is still trying to win a huge swath of the fan base. The Miami win was one step forward, the SLU win was one step back. No one will care if we beat AU, but if we lose (heaven forbid losing ugly) the doubts are going to be strong and the seat will be hot.

ParadiseiNC and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I'm not expecting a win against Auburn, just based on history alone we struggle to win at Jordan Hare. But I hope we play them competitively.

Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I am simply looking at his record. He is winning with someone elses team. Every coach is and should be judged on HIS players. IMO Oeaux has done a great job as an interim coach and as a head coach.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not really. He was part of the staff and not like a person coming in from out of the program. Plus, with grad transfers in, in addition to kids he's recruited, it's more his than not, in my opinion.

kcal, Brian, ParadiseiNC and 3 others like this.
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

And the ones that aren’t his he would be crazy not to play. Coach O inherited a team that lacked, ST play, a QB and line depth with talent everywhere else. I think he has done a good job slapping depth together on both lines (as best he could considering).

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Brian, ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.