LSU vs Auburn game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 28, 2014.

1. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

I hear you. I'm really concerned by our D-Line and our Linebacker situation. We've got to be able to put up a lot of points to keep up with some of these teams—especially Auburn. Can Brandon Harris pull it off? I feel like we have a chance. We've got so much talent, but they're young and a little raw. Man, if we could beat Auburn though, our whole season will turn around. It could turn into a really exciting year.

P&G_wheelz007 and gyver like this.
  2. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

Whoah. Please don't bring up Curley Hallman. That era gives me nightmares. Those were dark days to be an LSU fan. Just outright depressing.

alfredeneuman and StaceyO like this.
  3. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

I do not think we can beat auburn- im not a negatiger etc. its plain up what I see.
    we have qb issues, we have o line issues and we have an inexperienced secondary ( yes they will be phenom in another year and two) auburn has an incredible spread offense with a mobile qb who knows hwo to run it. gus will confuse our defense and make us look really silly-- plain and simple-- remember it might not be every play- but all they need is a few and will benefit greatly with major plays and tds on those few and will most likely be the outcome of the game----
    I think we have more of a chance is harris is our qb though--- Jennings hasn't show me anything really

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Considering Auburn's D isn't overly impressive, maybe we have a shot. I think our D will have to show something we haven't seen all year. If we can win, the year could turn around, particularly if mooU is significantly better than the nation realized.

I anticipate a frustrating SAT.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

In a nutshell, the key to the game is whether or not MSU is any good or whether we got embarrassed by a bad team (at home.)

We are all reeling over losing to State for the first time this millennium, but if State is actually good, that may be less of a blow then we think.

I'm not scared of AU just yet. They have struggled some this year, too. If anything, AU may be feeling over-confident (just like we did with MSU), and that could play to our advantage.

We must slow down AU's running game and not get hurt with big plays (the likes of which killed us against Wisconsin and MSU.) We're weak in the middle of our d-line, and that is troublesome. I've seen some suggest a spy for Marshall, and I think that would be a good idea. Chavis had good gameplans for how to contain Manziel. I have faith he can do the same with Marshall.

The other key is Harris and how the offense works with a true freshman at the helm against a top 10 SEC West team on the road. Will we see the second coming of Jameis Winston or will we see the Harris from the Wisconsin game? Will Jennings need to come in to bail Harris out?

I don't have any expectations going into this game, other than to enjoy it if at all possible and to manage my expectations accordingly.

6. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

Im taking auburn and whatever the spread is.
    U do think we will upset either ala, texasam, or fl tho, but highly doubt auburn AWAY

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Good point about Manzel. Disappointed/disheartened by NMSU wildcat's effectiveness on our D though. Also by our poor showing on D all of last year.

Gotta give it to Miles, though, he has a propensity to not take too many ass whippins. Hell, we almost beat mooU.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No we didn't

And yes miss St is really good but mullen is not ready for prime time. He will cost his team in the end.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I agree with this. Mullen is going to cost his team as the season progresses.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, if the lessons of the MSU game lead to better play against AU, and a win, then we'll get something positive out of that loss.

cajdav1 likes this.