LSU vs Auburn game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 28, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And true.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Aren't they using a 'smaller but quicker' approach on the D-line? I know speed is important, but maybe not so much up front. We need some gap cloggers on the line and leave the speed merchants on the outside.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree, I'm just not 100% sure why. There seems to be talent enough. DL is one of the few spots where young talented players can make an early impact. I know the draft has hurt some, but it's more than that IMO.

fanatic likes this.
  4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Lou Teppers 3-4 defense...knew it wouldn't work from day 1 of the hire. Safeties were constantly leading in tackles. That's not a good thing.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Auburn fans are lamenting the same things as we are, they have been very disillusioned over the play of their lines. The one thing they have going for them is their offense can be successful even when their oline messes up because of all of the misdirection.

Hopefully Chief has worked out some of the kinks just like he did last year with an under performing front 7 & our corners can handle two great receivers.

Auburn will go deep often this Saturday & db's need to stay with Williams & Coates cornfield.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

These new fangled spread offenses have changed the face of cfb. Similar to the way the wishbone did back in the 70's. The reads are much harder & gap responsibility is paramount. Going upfield kills the defense, so it takes guys that can hit, read & react instead of overpowering your opponent.

Most of the teams in the country are have trouble with it, especially young teams.

el005639 and Pintoracer like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Charles from Reeltown is worried about Auburn

8. LSUALLDAY

LSUALLDAY Purp Guy

LSU 31 AU 25.... Auburn called Brandon Harris a "Mini Cam" and that right there folks is why we are going to win. I firmly believe #6 will lead us to victory in this game and hell if I'm wrong who cares cause no matter what he is our QB now and I'm going to support him. Geaux Tigers

gyver, ParadiseiNC and jdkees like this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We don't have that Chad Lavalais, Kyle Williams, Glenn Dorsey, Bennie Logan kind of silverback gorilla inside. A guy that can tie up three blockers and still pressure a quarterback.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't see this being their game plan.

I think they are salivating over the porous soft middle of this defense and will run until they can be stopped.

They'll take a shot here and there when the defense presents itself in such a way that they can go over the top with a pass. Auburn still isn't a credible pass threat with Nick Marshall. Auburn throws the ball just enough to keep the defenses honest.

Nick Marshall will hurt us in much the same way Prescott did, with his legs. He won't have the success through the air Prescott did, however.

In fact, I would go so far as to say Marshall win run for nearly the same amount as he passes (about a buck 25 each).

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    P&G_wheelz007 likes this.