LSU vs. App. State 4 p.m.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Berge, Jun 3, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Tenn says they will have the 2:30 game on CBS on the same weekend as the LSU/UF game. That means LSU will be the night game CBS broadcast.

Also saw that Spurrier said that the LSU/SC game will be on national tv.

Still think Auburn will be a ESPN2 night game.

I see the Bama game being a day game.

UGA primetime as well.

2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

If I'm not mistaken didn't CBS have an article last year talking about how they were worried about running an evening LSU game, but were rewarded with their highest single game Football ratings ever?

From the sounds of that article, I think CBS / LF Sports will be fighting over the airing of LSU Football games.

I did a quick search and found this off of ncaafootball.com

Plus, isn't one of the broadcasters for CBS from Louisiana and a Tiger fan?

I'm definitely looking forward to this year of football. I finally got a HDTV reciever / Tivo so I'm all set for some over the Air HDTV. I just wish Lafayette had a local NBC. I can pick up everything but it.

3. eles U

eles U Founding Member

We'll play those games when the networks say, not when we want. I can give you 50 million reasons if you'd like.

All LSU or any school can do is request a kickoff time. But, the final decision is left to the network - as described in the contract with the SEC.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

It'll be a hot, sweaty, drunken, feast and I'll hurt like hell the next few days after... I can hardly wait... Only 86 days, 2 hours, and 13 minutes away.. :tigereye: