LSU vs. App. State 4 p.m.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Berge, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

LSU-Arkansas will be on the 28th, a Friday, like normal.

2. married2atiger

married2atiger Founding Member

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

That is good news. We are starting with a new inexperienced quarterback. Appy State has visions of doing to LSU what they did to Michigan. Appy state is located in the mountains and is at least ten degrees cooler and with a lot less humidity than BR. Heat and Humidity is a big advantage to LSU.

4. Terrebonne95

Terrebonne95 LSU fan in Korea

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

LSU/Florida will probably be picked up by someone. A game matching up the last 2 MNC winners, who had an epic match last season.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I would guess that at least 3 of LSU's games vs. UGA, UF, AU, and UA will get picked up by CBS or EPSN/ESPN2. Depending on the records of both teams for each matchup I see AU and/or UA being potential ESPN2 games.

I also saw site awhile back that listed all the potential ESPN gameday matchups each week. LSU vs UGA and UF were the top two picks for LSU. AU was third before Bama.

I would have to see the list again and the other matchups to guess any better than that.

If all of them make national tv that would be 6 games during the regular season with one and maybe 2 on LF. That sounds about right.

7. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Not to mention that App State's uniforms are black helmets, black jerseys, and black pants. Dem boys are gonna melt in dat Louisiana heat.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

No brainer but now we just have to hope for a night game.

:thumb:

9. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Only way I see ESPN picking AU game up is if it can be during the day and CBS doesn't pick it up first. AU likes to play us early in the season and during the day over at their place.

You can bet CBS will pick us up for the Floriday Game. Probably again during the day because they would prefer to play us during the day. They lost the last two night games over there to us.

Again, there is a possibility for a top 20 match up if not top 10 for the UGA game. Unless we are up against a long standing tradition game, I see that one being CBS.

Alabama will be televised, we just don't know with who yet and my bet is BAMA will want it during the day just because of how big the game is going to be. We will do everything to get it at night. So hopefully CBS won't pick it up unless it is a double header.

10. omahatiger

omahatiger Founding Member

Tuberville announced at a booster function that the LSU/auburn game would be at night. He commented that they always play at night when they come to BR but it ends up being a day game at their place. He was glad to get this one at night.