LSU vs. App. State 4 p.m.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Berge, Jun 3, 2008.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

The only way we have night games is if either ESPN(2) puts us in their 6:45 or 8:00 spots, CBS has a rare prime time game and picks LSU, or there is no TV.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

miss st will probably be lincoln financial like it is every other year (11:30)

unless espn uses one of its two (i think) weekends where they have first choice over cbs to pick an lsu game then cbs (2:30) will be the first choice for those two games.

i could see espn picking the uga or the bama if bama is having a good season.

i really wish cbs would do primetime like they did for the UF game last year. that would be sweet.

other than that being the second choice after cbs would be ideal b/c it usually means an espn or espn 2 start.

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Well, those on the East side of the stadium are going to be looking into a sweltering setting sun.

But, bet those Mountain folk wither in this heat and humidity. :hihi:

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i have already thought of that. ill be packing sunscreen!!

5. married2atiger

married2atiger Founding Member

According to the TV line-up for ABC/ESPN/Duece, as of right now LaTech is going to be on primetime more than we are this season.... wtf, over?

ESPN - ABC/ESPN Networks 2008 College Football Schedule - College Football

I'm sure we will get the regular SEC games on JP Sports but we should be on ESPN at least Sept 20th(at aubie),it wont happen Oct 11th(at Florida) b/c UT at OKlahoma (Red River Shootout)and Penn St vs Wis; and 25th(UGA) competing with Penn St vs. tOSU, surely they will pick up Nov 8th(Bammer) and ESPN on the 29th(at Ark) as we are competing with the ND vs. USC game on ABC

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Hold on married. Most games are decided just a few weeks before airtime to make sure the best matchup is offered. We will be there quite often.

7. married2atiger

married2atiger Founding Member

I am sure that we will get some games on at least a major network, but it seems that for a few weeks the major networks have already booked games on ESPN AND ABC. Thats why I gave the possibilities of us being on TV against AUB, UGA, Bama, and ARK. Just my thoughts that they would already have the defending Nat'l Champs booked for more than 1 game....

8. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

double edged sword, TV is always great, but it'll be stifling. Excitement of first game will override all though!!

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Trusting your facts here...

As for Oct 11, I believe the LSU vs. Florida game is better for national ratings than even the Oklahoma vs. Texas game, and I believe that was the case in 2007 as well. As for Penn State vs Wisconsin having any significance in this equation for Oct 11, I think that's not realistic (unless Penn State has an unbelievable 2008 season up to that point).

As the 25th, LSU vs. Georgia competing with Penn State vs. Ohio State, I think reality is that the LSU vs. Georgia game has a much higher probablitiy of being the bigger game of the two at that point when it comes to national rankings.

Now as for the 29th, LSU vs. Arkansas, yeah, that might have a problem vis-a-vis ND vs. USC, especially since Arkansas will probably be pretty weak in 2008.

10. mindy

mindy Founding Member

The game against Ark will be televised by CBS, not ESPN.

ESPN and ABC have contracts with different conferences, ABC doesn't show any SEC games that I know of.
    CBS and ESPN2 are where the SEC games get televised. (plus the LF game on whatever local channel airs it)

The SEC TV contract doesn't call for scheduling most of it's games this far in advance, we wait until, what is it, 6 days in advance...that way it is usually the teams that are playing better that get TV time and not just the ones who had more preseason hype.