LSU/Vandy WBB Championship Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Mar 4, 2007.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

You know, I've made the same comment before during last year's run. I mean, on the one hand, "defense wins championships" but usually, you'd like some offense to go with it.

I've never really heard Pokey go into her offensive strategy, but I belive more so than in the men's game, in the women's game having a three point shooter is REAL key. Women usually get get the open three due to more passing, less athletic defenses, and man, we had some open 3 point shots. True enough, we have one of the better defenses in the women's game, but when you can't separate the score with your d, it's always a close game.

This one hurts, b/c it was a winnable game. Although, Vandy may just have our number this year (men's and women's).

Good run, tho' Pokey, and ladies... It's good to see one of our bball programs come and represent. :yelwink2:

:geauxtige :bball: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. ONE SMALL STEP AT A TIME.

2. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

The thing about women's basketball is that the regular season really is pointless because, at this point, there is so little parity that a team of our caliber is going to make it. They may lose to other top 16 schools but there is not enough depth in the ranks for them to fall out of tournament contention. The regular season is really just about learning. Learning from mistakes, situations, etc. Hopefully we can get a 3 seed but a 4 seed wouldn't be the end of the world. We have the talent to make a NC run, we just have to put it together, it will be fun to watch.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm excited we got by Tennessee and bummed we lost to Vandy. Has Pokey won a conference championship yet? Didn't Gunter have trouble closing the deal too?

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27830&SPID=2167&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID

5. lsu-i-like

Ok, I guess winning the regular season championship is better than winning the conference tournament. I'd like to see her eventually win a tournament, though. I felt like we kind of choked last night (or was it 2 nights back?)

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I wasn't saying either and just trying to provide you an answer to the question. :thumb:

7. lsu-i-like

I appreciate it.:) I recognized your giving gesture, but the board said I have to spread rep. I'll catch you next time.