LSU v 'Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerGirlDad2022, Sep 17, 2022.

1. TigerGirlDad2022

TigerGirlDad2022 Freshman

As a few know, our daughter is dancing for the Tiger Girls. We're at the game next weekend, but I'm looking ahead to 'Bama as well. We're flying in from NY State with 8 people for the big game but we're used to bringing a party bus to NY Giants games. Not really sure what to expect with tailgating as we won't have our bus! Do folks from out of the area just walk around, or pay for one of those tailgate services? This is new to us, but from what I hear, we don't have to worry about finding a party. We have had the AirBnB and rental vehicle reserved for quite a while, but we won't have the space or time to set up a tailgate properly and we hate to do stuff half way if you know what I mean. We are so pumped! Any advice appreciated, great forum here.

shane0911, LSUpride123 and LSUTiga like this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Walk around and introduce yourself. They will feed you.

Buy a styrofoam ice chest to put beer in to consume during day. You can leave it outside when you go in stadium.

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

We used to do the styrofoam cooler trick every game day. Best idea I ever had.

Pro tip: Find a good tailgate with a tv or two, ease your way up and ask the score. Then mock the losing team. Then mention how great everything smells. You’ll be invited to their daughter’s wedding after an hour or so.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You will have a GREAT time, especially if this team continues to grow. I would say you don't even need to bring or buy an ice chest as there is never a shortage of drinks or folks willing to share at this party. If you "let it slip" that you are from NY and that your daughter is on a squad they will elevate you to royalty status. Find out who runs the tailgate and toss em a $20 or more depending on how much food and drink you consume and all is well.

You are going to get an experience like you can't imagine.

Enjoy

65Grad, BornOnTheBayou and LSUTiga like this.
  5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

My nephew & his fiancee (both from Wisconsin) are also going to the Ala. game. It will be his 1st LSU game. He has been an LSU fan for a while now, and I am happy to have helped in his conversion. I am going to tell. him to wear some of his U of Wisconsin gear. It should be a great conversation starter with some of the tailgaters. When LSU played Wisconsin up in Green Bay, I was there with my wife and in-laws. They were all dressed in U of Wis. shirts and I had my LSU jersey on. I was pulled into many a tailgate party up their and was stuffed with Brats & beer before ever getting into the stadium.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    LSUTiga likes this.
  6. TigerGirlDad2022

TigerGirlDad2022 Freshman

Oh man I'm so excited now!! Thanks for the advice. We'll be the game this coming weekend and I'll get a better feel, but I hear 'Bama is on a whole other level. Thank you everyone!

Pjoe, StaceyO and shane0911 like this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

One word of caution, the tailgates directly outside stadium are mostly corporate functions. Can usually tell by catering trucks and guards. You want to look for the private/family type stuff. Alot of that has been pushed toward the levee across from Vet school or around Alex Box. Cant speak for rest of campus as I only had time to walk southside last weekend. Rest of the advice is sound. Follow your nose, look for TVs, let em know its your first trip, daughter on dance squad. Youre in like Flynn.

If you do end up parking close to river road, still free, know that parking close to exit allows you to get out alot faster after game.

TigerGirlDad2022 likes this.
  8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

That's pretty accurate. Been to several games and just stopped to see some scores on the tv and before you know it, they have a bowl of gumbo or some jambalaya already made for you, along with a cold beer. Doesn't get any better! Geaux Tigers!

BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I hope some of the New Mexico people bring their tailgating to LSU. Green Chile is addictive.

10. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

You bet it is. My wife was born & raised in New Mexico where her Dad was a cattle rancher. He made a mean & spicy green chile which he passed onto his daughter. In our advancing years I've had to have her tone it down a bit. Chile rellenos aren't bad either.

kcal and Herb like this.