LSU/UT 11AM

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Feb 23, 2019.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

They're already ranked ahead of them minus the last 2 Michigan teams but its fluid. Your image of college basketball must be 1990 unlv. No teams look like that anymore.

This is as good as it gets homeboy. 12-2 and 22-5. Better learn to appreciate what you're witnessing. It's like Halleys Comet.

ParadiseiNC, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I appreciate what WW is doing, reminiscent of the Saban days, and even then I had criticisms. It felt like UK was better and TN was just another good SEC team.

Honestly, don’t care, just seems like there are a number of teams out there with better resumes (I only listed a few obvious ones, which is enough to bump them out of a one seed) and they didn’t look particularly dominant against UK or LSU (their only two games I watched). I know overall basketball quality (NCAA/NBA) has gone down since the Dale Brown era.

3. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

IMO basketball has gone down since the 3 point line was added to the game. Too many wasted trips down the court with guys going for the 3 pointer rather than working it inside for 2.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Only wasted if you miss.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ask Steph Curry about that.

The 3 gives teams trailing a better chance to catch up and makes the game more exciting. Or perhaps you prefer old style basketball with a bunch of white guys shooting set shots.

6. lsu-i-like

The number of threes taken now kinda sucks. I like the three, and I like WWs approach. Embrace the 3, but pound it. In today’s game, that idea works well.

Brian and Bengal B like this.
  7. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

Unfortunately they are all not Steph Curry, though they may think they are missing quick 3's and taking away their teams chance of scoring any points. Something that is seen too often in today's game. And if it's good basketball it doesn't matter what color they are.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

win out and we’re still a 2 at best and that’s ok

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. lsu-i-like

Hell, goal was winning a couple games in the NCAAT. If we can do that, I don’t care what our seed is (better seed helps though). I now have hope this team could do the unthinkable.

Chipeace, ROY_LA_CA, Brian and 2 others like this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

8 down to uk less than 10 to go I believe, and 9 down to tenn with 6 to go (I think)

yesterday was a big step forward with waters out. smart was clutch and the play of the day was him asking wade if he wanted him to make the 2nd ft or not.

keep your fingers crossed this team stays healthy...this team is battle tested and just needs to commit to defense. if they do that look out

Brian and lsu-i-like like this.