LSU @ UF official game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 6, 2018.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Jacobs being out hurt

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Bucky Beaver had talent didnt coach well which is why we beat them last year we had a better coach. Talent level is what I mean when I say we are equal to Fla. Their OL is better than ours but our OL is beat up and has had no continuity for 5 straight games and it showed yesterday. We are looking strong early to no one I know thought we would be undefeated going into the Fla game including me. When teams are about equal in talent and coaching it comes down to who makes the most mistakes and we took the cake yesterday with that. A drive killing fumble, 5 QB sacks, 2 drive killing major penalties and a drive killed by 2 dropped passes.

Just my view as to why we lost what's your view?

3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I think you make a good point here given where we were the past two years. But this is only O’s second year and Ensminger’s first. I’m ok if it takes another 1-2 years to start hitting 11 wins.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

To be honest, my expectations were/are so low I’ve been really surprised this year and was gaining a bit of hope. But after watching what both Auburn and LSU did yesterday I’m back to my original expectations of 7 or 8 wins. It will be interesting to see how we respond.

GregLSU and LSUTiga like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Good view. What some dont understand is how many juniors left during O's first year and the cost to recruiting a coaching change can create. Add to that the change at OC. Then there are the injuries and off the field suspensions. We need 2 more years of recruiting to judge O hope he gets it.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

What sucks is a coaching change boosted recruiting for Georgia and A&M.

lsu-i-like, kcal and LSUTiga like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Dont rule out we upset Ga. We are a good well coached team with good talent some great talent but not enough yet. Who here thinks we didn't have a good chance to win yesterday? Was anyones game with 8 minutes left.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Jimbo hasnt had a recruiting year yet this class will be his first one. No surprise about Ga recruiting they are also in a talent rich state and with exception of Ga Tech own the state. O will have a great class this year we will be fine.

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I don’t think recruiting is an issue to be honest. Other than Bama, I put our talent up with anyone else in the country. We just have these games where we show up flat and lose for no good reason. I don’t know what the answer is.

LSU_4_LIFE and LSUTiga like this.
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

I’m not necessarily ruling us out. I’m not “expecting” a win. An upset would be sweet!