LSU TIGERS @ jerden aire

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 12, 2018.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

We must be watching 2 different games. Do you watch other football games? Did you see OU with Kyler Murray’s 1st start? How about Georgia with Jake Froms 1st start? Bama with Tua’s first start? I can keep going if you want. I’ll even find worse QB’s who looked better in their 1st start.

Our offense so far has been vanilla and disappointing. Sorry not sorry.

Edit: That’s classic Les Miles. If we could just execute the game plan he drew up we would never lose a game. Our offense looks just like his. Although I agree the execution is lacking as well. But there has been nothing from a playcalling standpoint to help a young QB get into a rythm and that’s very important

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    TeamofSavages and TigerTap like this.
  2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Great write-up! I like Fulton, very talented, but still learning. I also bet they go right at his side. I also like Brossette, but after him, not much depth even though it'still early in the season. I think our Defense will have to carry us, if we can pull out a win.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I look like Maxine Waters? That's a good one. It was so random that I literally LOL'd.

All that aside, I don't recall 'accosting' you about your pick, did I? I think I agreed with someone who said you want to see us fail so you can say 'told ya so' about O. That's the vibe I get from you. Am I wrong? And although I frequently disagree with you, I'm one of the few that tries to refrain from calling you 'taint' or any of the other descriptive names I've seen you called. I can't say with 100% certainty that its never happened, but generally speaking, I don't think it's necessary just because we have differing opinions.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

Defense will need to get to Stidham and be disruptive as hell. Much like the 2nd half of the game last year. We definitely have the personnel and coach to do it too. It’s the offense that’s keeping me up at night. I know it’s only been 2 games, but it appears to be the same old song and dance. Very predictable and easy to defend.

TeamofSavages and TigerTap like this.
  5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Bingo! I keep hearing about all these "Changes", but just don't see them. I also wonder if some are watching on special TV's. It looks kind of like Miles old school "Power Offense", except missing the 2 Heisman caliber RBs & seem to lack some of the intensity. It is early, but we still don't seem to have an Offensive identity, imo. "Yay, we caught the Jumpball...so brave".

Our graduate transfer kicker is probably our Offensive hero.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

It’s crazy because I still have my LSU hat on thinking that we have this playbook we just haven’t “opened it up yet” like we thought every new season under Miles. I guess we will see tomorrow but if nothing is different it just is what it is, same old ho hum offense. Not to say we can’t improve on it and get better but at least we know what we’re in for for sure.

TigerTap likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Let's hope the Oeaux Airline takes off tomorrow.

8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I was only joking about being "Accosted". Although, I've never seen anyone else's blind game pick questioned as much before. But if it wasn't questioned, I'd probably be worried.

I don't want to see LSU fail. I've been an LSU fan my entire life. Unfortunately I don't see LSU going anywhere under O. It was a bad & unqualified hire, imo. Obviously I'm not a fan of O. But O is in no way LSU to me. How long has he even lived in Louisiana over the past 30 years? Yet, he pretends he's been here the whole time, during the 10-13 win seasons. In reality, he was either in Tennessee screwing over their recruits or eating fish tacos with guacamole on the Left coast. Oh yeah, he quit LSU & got his own Mama to go on TV & say "BeBe don't quit anything." Family full of salesman..

1. Quit LSU
    1A. Quit his Shrimp shoveling job, by throwing his shovel in da bay
    2. Quit Tennessee
    3 Quit USC

And I won't even mention his first wife..

What I can see happening is our win totals dropping from an average of 10 wins a season, down to 7-8 games for 4 more years.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think the defense will perform quite well but our offense's inability to stay on the field will prove too much for a gassed defense in the 4th quarter.

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

24-9, bad guys