LSU @ Syracuse Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 25, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

White saved the special teams from getting a 0 for not even participating.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

I'd give Dupre an A or B as well. But I pretty much agree with the rest.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The coaches didn't have the team ready to play a quality but lesser talented team. The team was obviously not focused as the enormous amount of penalties show. The offensive play calling was good at times and horrible at times. Special teams had a couple plays that kept it from being a very bad day for them. The defense looked good in the first half and putrid in the second half, a pattern so far this season. The D really looked tired late again, something has to change there. Harris was steady,but not great. WR's an average day, too many drops. LF7 and better talent won the day, not good play, execution or coaching. Still it's another win.

ParadiseiNC and HalloweenRun like this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yay, we won. Another uninspired, lackluster performance where a 5th string true freshman walk on gave us all we wanted. And how many TDs have been called back now because of penalties? 3 if I'm not mistaken and a whole host of other big plays. And still hardly any vertical passing game against a team ranked 112 against the pass.

Instead of the team getting better each week, we have no idea which team is going to show up. What does that say about the coaching?

5. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

I'll give Syracuse an attaboy for showing up to play. They may be better than what we're giving them credit for. We'll see as the season goes on and the outcome for both teams. LSU does need to fix some things, but I'm definitely excited to watch some more of Fournette.

LaSalleAve and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

It says everything. I think you pointed out that every time we play qb's they seem to just let em loose, and don't "protect" them like Les does with ours. It's old. It's tired. It's bullshit and it's why we will continue to be a 3rd or 4th place team in the West.

fanatic likes this.
  7. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

We beat an undefeated team on its own turf.

Well done Les. Pretty or not, we got it done.

8. LaSalleAve

I'll take the win but these penalties on the road must stop. We have Ole Miss and Alabama on the road. We commit even half the penalties we committed today or in Starkville it's curtains.

9. LaSalleAve

LSU just got another penalty on the way to the airport.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I put this one on coaching and preperation. We were not ready, with pitifully few exceptions, to play. We are not good enough to completely disregard anyone, much less Syracuse. I am glad we got out of there with a W. Geaux Tigers!