LSU Spring practice.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Mar 14, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think it was both knees once.

TigerTap and didit like this.
  2. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Coach O haters either can't get over Lester Miles finishing 3rd in the west the season before a 2-2 start, or Joe Alleva being the one to hire him.

One season in and you say he can't coach. He was 6-2 in the interim role with what could easily have been 8-0 with the breaks on our side instead of lucky calls and such for opponents.

He went 9-4 in his first year with a thin offensive line, shitty FG kicking, thin DL, and a red zone offense that was in the 100's in scoring percentage and would have been worse if he didn't go for it 4th and goal vs Auburn in a score we needed to win it... He could easily have been 11-2 with solid kicking vs Troy(bad loss granted) and without lucky end for Notre Dame in bowl. Still finished 6-2 in SEC for best SEC record for LSU in 6 years(Miles is at fault there).

He got rid of huge staff problem in Canada(most coaches would have let him continue jet sweeping his way around SEC) hired Steve(which even Miles wanted to do years back)

Steve WILL develop QBs unlike LSU has in years. He is considered a bright mind among peers, fuck journalists who hate Coach O. Coach O has hired a bunch of NFL guys to help him this year.

Coach O got a speedy CB that DBU can always teach technique, but you can't coach speed. So he has addressed CB depth and probably found a starter.

I think the man learned what not to do at Ole Piss and Ole Piss can't get talent like LSU can without cheating. Coach O is a smart guy and needs to be given a chance. You will see an improvement this year, wait and see.

STOP ROOTING AGAINST LSU AND THIS DAMN STRONG LSU TEAM!!!!

leroy7500, Winston1, didit and 4 others like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Oh God now we have taint 2.0eaux the Bayou edition.

cul2969, lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  4. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

That ‘35%’ is horse shit. It’s an excuse to forgive offense getting its ass kicked by the defense again. It’s going to be Elmer’s offense 2.0 without a featured back.
    That should be groovy.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. Don Castavez

I don’t think Baby Huey will run the program into ground. If 9-3 keeps the sheep warm and fuzzy, he’ll be here a while. That’s what’s so sad.

TigerTap likes this.
  6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

And you know all that because...............

didit likes this.
  7. Don Castavez

I visited your wife.

8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Who hired these LSU coaches?

Aranda
    Raymond
    Ensminger
    Orgeron

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

LSU has reasons to be concerned about future of program under Ed Orgeron.

Offensive coordinator Matt Canada’s exit from LSU after just one season has raised questions about the program’s direction. Chris Landry, a former LSU assistant coach who has spent years following LSU football from behind the scenes and currently resides in Baton Rouge, thinks that direction may be backwards.

In his latest episode of the “Landry Football Podcast,” he explains his reasons for thinking so.

“(Canada’s ouster is) definitely a sign of what everyone felt when the athletic director Joe Alleva botched another coaching hire,” Landry said. “They had to settle for Ed Orgeron, he came a little cheaper – (the thinking was) we’ll hire good coordinators – well, one of them’s already gone.”

Landry senses a feeling of unease among Tiger fans.

“I think what is starting to filter out now in the LSU world is, ‘oh, here we go,’” Landry said. “You don’t have a strong head coach, you don’t have confidence, if you’re only as good as the guys you hired to run it to prop you up then you’re going to have trouble any time coaches leave or struggle.”

Compounding the coaching staff turmoil at LSU is what’s taking place around the conference and on the recruiting trail.
    “Eventually, within the next two years, we’re going to see an improved SEC with coaching changes and you’re going to see a program that right now at LSU is recruiting well, but not great,” Landry said. “They certainly are not recruiting at an elite level. They filled some needs with this recruiting class which maybe didn’t allow for as much quality as a top two or three class nationally would.”

Landry supports the concerns of LSU fans and offers this blunt assessment of the team’s future under Orgeron.

“There should be legitimate concern about whether this is going to work or not,” Landry said. “I don’t really look at the future of LSU football and say, ‘boy, it’s in good hands.’

"It’s going to take someone with a better vision and better skills to eventually make the right hire.

"I like Ed Orgeron – think he’s good for LSU in a lot of ways, but he’s not a championship coach and LSU is not going to win championships with him there.”

10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

After just one season, the marriage between LSU head coach Ed Orgeron and offensive coordinator Matt Canada is over. According to college football analyst Chris Landry, the outcome was predictable.

Landry explains why on the latest episode of his “Landry Football Podcast,” and the answer goes back to Orgeron’s hiring.

“What you have is an example of a poor organizational structure at LSU,” Landry explains. “Basically, what you’ve got, is a head coach that you don’t really respect – you really respect the coordinators more than the head coach. Folks, it filters down (to the players).”

While the hiring of Orgeron is doomed to fail, his choice of Canada as offensive coordinator was particularly ill-suited.

“It was a poor vetting process when they hired Matt Canada among the other coordinator options,” Landry said. “Ed Orgeron was for hiring him. He was warned, I can tell you, because I was one of them that knows Matt Canada very well and thinks a lot of him in terms of a lot of his concepts and ideas, but he’s very strong willed and believes strongly in what he does and believes strongly that he should be able to do what he wants and sees himself as kind of a head coach/offensive coordinator. In other words, ‘don’t bother me.’”

LSU’s athletic department leadership encouraged Canada’s sense of entitlement to do things his way way.

“It’s always very dangerous when one of those type people gets in a position where the upper administration tells them or leads them to believe that, ‘hey, this is your baby, you do with it what you want. That is never a good situation. Eventually there is going to be problems.”

Landry believes an additional obstacle exists when it comes to Orgeron hiring an offensive coordinator.

“Ed Orgeron famously said when he got the job, ‘I want to do more spread;’ well sometimes, knowing Ed, I don’t know what Ed wants or really, truly understands about the offensive side,” Landry said. “I think what he believes is that he wants somebody to be successful – he wants a good offense, he wants to score points… so he looked at Matt Canada’s 40-points a game offense and thought, ‘that’s what I want’ without truly understanding and looking at some of the concepts and motions and ideas. Not paying enough attention to the fact that he’s a strong-willed guy.”

He goes on to explain who Orgeron is likely to pursue to replace Canada, the behind-the-scenes athletic department politics which continues to plague the LSU football program, and why the near-term forecast for LSU’s football success is gloomy.