LSU Spring practice.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

You ask an EXCELLENT question . It will save me posting a new thread. My compliments .
    Answer: The football program has seeped into dormancy. The 800 pound gorilla ( or Coon ass) in the room is that this current program in no shits in hell can compete with Bama. It’s a given. It has been accepted by the powers that be and is readily being accepted by the fan base- I being a member of the latter.
    The program has chosen to take a sabbatical from the ‘arms race.’
    This would explain the bargain basement hiring of Baby Huey and the inexplicable decision to put Stevie E back as coordinator- oh wait ‘he doesn’t want the job.’ I forgot . Silly me.
    Perhaps when said powers that be get tired of going 9-3 ( attendance drops /concession revenue gets squeezed), our Emerald City will return to its quest for excellence. Until then, loyal colleagues, enjoy your ‘legitimate Jan 1st mid level bowls.’

2. didit

didit Veteran Member

35% in 2.5 months... Still have 4.5 months to install the rest of the offense... i think coach is asking for patience so fans don't go into next week's spring game expecting the 84 niners offense...
    I agree the thinness in the secondary has me concerned though...

Bengal B likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If E fields a bumbling offense in spring there will be some disappointed fans; myself included. If that carries through to the season, disappointment turns to anger.

It would be nice to have something to get us through the long summer. More disappointment would suck.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I hear you, bro. I’m respective of your opinion, and your macro view may be correct. I’m not going to debate whether Oeaux was the best choice or not when we had a vacancy, but the fact is, right now, he is LSU’s current coach. I choose to live in today, try to see the positives and support them until the failings you are predicting actually happen. You clearly have a no frills approach and I’m sure that is successful for you in many ways, but I’d predict you’ll enjoy Tigers football more if you just move past the fact that Oeaux was chosen, and try to just enjoy the team and support the players and coaches. If the mediocrity settles in, we’ll make a change. Until then, why not stay positive? It hasn’t been long enough to say for sure yet one way or another. I was there Arnsparger—>Archer, and the drop off was palpable. We are no where near that right now. Despite your dislike of him, and disapproval of his hiring, give the man a chance. Why not? Unless your the head of TAF, or the AD, you can’t do much about it anyway at this point. If what you are predicting happens, they’ll be enough outpouring of complaints, that changes will happen.

HalloweenRun, COTiger, didit and 3 others like this.
  5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

It's not the meaning of life...It's supposed to be fun.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. stevescookin

Beating Bama would be fun !!!!

six pack dan and 65Grad like this.
  7. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I don't think we'll be able to take much from the spring game (as usual) especially about the offense. Our defense should be lights out this year and since they have been practicing against the "new" offense all spring I would be shocked if the offense looked that good. More interested in how the QB's look.

HalloweenRun, COTiger and didit like this.
  8. stevescookin

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. didit

didit Veteran Member

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We really don't need him. His stats don't impress me and unless there is a stud DB out there I would save the scholly for next year when Louisiana will have a great recruiting class. If we had had one more scholly this year Oeaux might have made a firm offer to Mario Goodrich instead of the juggling act that caused him to choose Clemson even after Patrick Surtain bailed out the tide.

didit and ParadiseiNC like this.