LSU SOARS IN NEW AP POLL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RamahRising, Sep 3, 2019.

?

When will LSU be ranked in the Top 4 in 2019

1. A) Never

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. B) After walloping Texas Saturday

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. C) After beating Alabama

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. D) After bearing both Florida and Auburn

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

CaCa is my uncle, the runt of the litter ...
    It’s family tradition to torment him that’s why he is like he is ... Don’t ever try to argue with him ... It’s like wrestling a pig in mud soon you realize the pig is having too much fun.
    CaCa’s torment was a tradition started by CaCa’s oldest brother (Original Ramah before they had internet) and a New Iberia super athlete who knocked Billy Cannon unconscious twice in the HS playoffs 1955 (Istrouma vs New Iberia) and was awarded an LSU scholly along with the granddad of Colby Delahoussaye in the days of the leather helmets with no face mask ...

Meaux is an apropos handle for him. He prolly has another 2 or 3 handles in here too. He’s more fun than a barrel of monkeys but don’t cross him ... He’s over 70 looks 40 and can whip some serious ass ... You don’t shred those Colorado slopes skiing and not stay in ultimate shape ... He’ll be in here tormenting posters for two more decades like an old Fart.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

I dunno. That seems pretty optimistic. It would have to be one hell of a blow out imo. Clemson and Bama are Clemson and Bama so they're staying put no matter what, OU looked great in their opener and it's hard to imagine that they won't keep that up (they have some semblance of a defense!), and Georgia is so far ahead that it's hard to imagine they'll drop without losing.

Don't get me wrong, if we're actually as good as we looked against Georgia Southern we're ultimately going to be play off bound, but we're not going to get into the top 4 without beating Bama or one of the four aforementioned teams losing. Maybe if we win by like 50, but even then I'd be surprised.

LSU_4_LIFE and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If we look good they’re going to have the conversation, but week 2 might be too early. If we look good and TX looks good after, that’ll help.

Fishhead likes this.
  4. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

We’ll have a 38-17 if Oeaux shows mercy.

If not it’s 52+ to 10 or 17 ... Taking #4 spot or being so close in Points we’ll pass them in a few weeks

It’ll be just like the Georgia beat down ...
    Will Oeaux put on the brakes near 40 when the merciless hang 50 or more ...

I think Jeaux sees the better part of three quarters before being pulled ... Hell it’ll be too hot to play him 4 quarters when you got a Quality 2nd string gunslinger like Myles

I’d like to see Myles with the first string ...

Drives will average 6-10 plays and 3 mins ea or less ... Too much scoring if we want it ...
    can we beat em with that vanilla pkg used vs GSU or do we open the book this week ...

I think the coaches are playing that by ear

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Big test for DBU. I think Aranda keeps their QB uncomfortable all day, though. This dude is better than Lamar Jackson, true dual threat (because he is a real threat throwing the ball).

6. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Georgia didn’t impress folks with that 30-6 Win over Vandy and that beat down we put on them last year will be REHASHED when we stomp the steers.

Fromm 15/23 156 yards 1 TD ... nahhhh
    Smith Rushing 149 ... nahhhhh

Folkses are gonna remember the LSU-GA-TX result ... Texas has been validated for that Georgia 28-21 Win ...

GA gets ND Aub Fla & A&M this year ...

7. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

I was looking for that special word to describe Texas after they beat Georgia and got into the National Title discussion...

From that George Clooney movie with the Horney Toads and Baby Face Nelson ...

Bona Fide ... that’s it

8. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Yeah ... We Bona Fide now

9. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

CLEM(56) 2-0 1544
    ALA(6) 2-0 1489
    UGA 2-0 1385
    LSU 2-0 1336
    OSU 2-0 1291
    ND 1-0 1072
    AUB 2-0 1056
    FLA 2-0 997

Observations:
    We sitting 49 points behind #3 GA
    We passed OU by 45 points (never saw that)

Imagine if they had prepared those young men properly for that climate 23% Humidity @100 where we’d be ... Over 1400 & #3 that’s where

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If the defense would have played like they did in the first half the margin of victory would have been a lot bigger.