LSU removes 4 players from FB roster for ” medical reasons” this week

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hou-duco, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_a33f7f78-0928-11ed-94d5-df3447f5f9a7.html
    This article mentions the 2 linebackers and at the end mentions 2 more players. Yep, they were processed because of the new NCAA rule that allows each school to sign as many players as they can each year as long as they stay under the 85 player scholarship limit. We will be seeing more and more of this throughout the entire country. In reality, the rest of the country is just catching up with Nick. I’m hoping that at least LSU has the decency to find a way to sill pay their college expenses for as long as the want to remain students @ LSU.

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

They can do that without penalty, and usually do, if the players don't want to try to play somewhere else.

3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

The so-called "processing" is one thing I can't stand about college football. This is why I think scholarships should be for four years and then you wouldn't see as much "processing" as there currently is going on. Isn't it understood that it takes on average 4 years to get a degree? Having 4-year scholarships would force both the player and the coach to make more of a commitment toward each other and stop all this hopping from one program to another. The sad part is one-year scholarships will be around forever because it's all about winning and making lots of money, instead of getting a good education which is what college should be about!

Perple and Hou-duco like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Disagree

Do you watch pro anything? Is it any wonder that guys in a "contract" year always ball out? They put up big numbers and get paid and once they do, well then they back off and often never get back to where they were in that contract year. I have no doubt this would be the same thing. If you put them on easy street they will live easy. If you make that ass work for it then you get the effort and the results.

65Grad, Perple and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  5. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Agree, and since a player can bail anytime he wants "what's good for the goose is good for the gander."

Herb likes this.
  6. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I understand your point, but college football isn't a professional sport - at least it shouldn't be treated that way. College is supposed to be a place where students go to get an education which will allow them to go out and get a good job. The problem is college football has become so out of control that it has nothing to do with college anymore and is about winning and making lots of money. Period. Maybe by allowing 4 year scholarships we can shift the focus back on receiving a good education where it should be. Never mind, Saban will never allow that to happen!

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Or you can live in an alternative reality