LSU projected ranking when you wake up tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 13, 2018.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Taking care of business in the AAC and going 12-0 would not be as impressive as finishing 10-2 in the SEC with wins over 5 ranked Power 5 teams. Especially if your only 2 losses came against ranked power 5 teams on the road in hostile environments a week after a hard fought game against quality opposition. Even more so if those were playoff teams.

Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

4 life will.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I don’t like including teams in the playoffs just because they’re in a certain conference or undefeated. That’s more like a participation trophy than an effort to find the best team. The current method is subjective but it HAS to because there’s no way to really compare besides using the eye test on top of the measurables like record, similar competition etc
    On any given Saturday just about any team can win a game but doing so against tough competition week after week it the true measure of worthiness. The committee does its best and there are pretty good guidelines for them to use. I think that’s as good as we can do right now.
    I like the 4 team playoff because it adds to the pressure of the regular season. Knowing that just being a conference champion may not be good enough is a great spur to fight every game as if it were a championship.
    I also think that while the gumps didn’t ‘deserve’a second shot at us in 2011 or likely deserve one last year if you go be fairness I think they were head and shoulders above any other team both years and therefore fulfilled the committee’s of having the best teams compete for the championship.

LSU_4_LIFE and Bengal B like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Going 10-2 and finishing third in your conference means you probably shouldn’t be in consideration for a nc.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

No, they already have a good playoff system.

APPTiger and Winston1 like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

Finishing 3rd maybe puts you out, but you’re adding that. What if the east rep has 3 losses and we finish 2nd in our conference.

We were talking about being 10-2 with LSU’s schedule. And I disagree. Multi loss teams win super bowls all the time. LSU already won a NC with 2 losses. It’s not black and white with wins and losses. Strength of schedule matters. It matters big time. If Auburn took care of Georgia in the SECG last year, they had every right to be in the CFP, no questions asked.

Or, in an 8 team scenario you can put 3 from the same conference. So finishing 3rd in an 8 team scenario you should get in if your only 2 losses were 2 playoff teams and you beat 5 other ranked teams.

G5 teams don’t belong. Not until they earn it with quality wins. Period.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

Then the group of 5 should go join that.

8. lsu-i-like

How do you propose they earn it? You can’t have a sport where 50% have no chance to win a NC. Well, you can, but shouldn’t.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They earn it by quitting their crappy conferences and become independents. Then schedule a lot of P5 teams and beat them. Nobody is stopping anybody from doing that.

LSU_4_LIFE and Winston1 like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

Y’all are in the majority, I fear.