LSU Potential Class of 2014

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jun 29, 2013.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

No, you're wrong. The sky is falling. We will be dropping off, it's inevitable. :rolleyes:

Not only do we have a top notch staff that will coach the talent we have, but Bama will be slipping despite their strong recruiting class this year. Lane Kiffen is a Kancer. He will rot that program from within.

I must admit, ALA has an impressive class thus far, and they have raided LA talent, for sure, this year. Marlon Humphrey just signed, too. Not a surprise there. All of this doesn't mean LSU is failing, though, or that we won't be excellent next season and beyond.

titoabad1 and LSUDad like this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

auburn is the new kid on the block in that state, gonna keep that staff real busy in their own state.

I've said this before, getting La'el and Hilliard to stay were real big. Replacing a LT is tough, college or Pros

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Pessimists have been saying we are going downhill since Les' first recruiting class. Always pointing out the misses instead of the gets. Always pointing out the losses and forgetting about the wins.

No matter how many times we try to get them to sit back and enjoy the greatest run in our history all they can do is lament how bad the future is going to be. Kind of reminds me of a good friend who is married to a beautiful & wonderful lady. He always fretted about losing her sure to his own feelings of inadequacy even though she professed her love of him repeatedly.

It wasn't until she finally had enough and they separated for a while that he finally realized what he had. They got back together and now his attitude has been great and they are very happy.

I had hoped that Miles had achieved that status with most of his detractors but evidently that most likely will never happen no matter how successful he is.

And he has been the most successful coach in our history.

red55, titoabad1, LSUDad and 3 others like this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I know people can't enjoy the ride, I have. It's been great an looks to continue. Look what Cam has done in his first year. 3k yd passer, two 1k yd WR's and the RB's that put up the good numbers. Metts safety blankets were OBJ and Landry. Just think of the numbers if only one of those guys were on the team.

StaceyO likes this.
  5. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

I'm already looking forward to next year... Chief will be riding high in the saddle and we'll see what Cam can do with a very young quarterback, or maybe it will be Rivers' turn to shine. What ever happens, we can be sure that Miles will have something unique and entertaining to say about it.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Miles could sign the top 25 kids in the state and people would still bitch and moan about how he let numbers 26-30 get away...

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Agree, you know the guy that was 4thon the team in tackles and 1st in Int's this year was a two star player. The lowest rated OL in his class was our starting ROT this year. Guess the staff saw something the paid scouts didn't.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So 19 on board, barring defections.

The next 7 (and most probable):

WR Malachi Dupre........... 94 % (5 *, #17)
    DT Travonte Valentine..... 88 % (4*, #108)
    WR Emanuel Porter..........78 % (3*, 367)
    OT Derrick Kelly Jr........... 76 % (3*, #688)
    DT Johnny Dwight........... 66 % (3*, #439)
    MLB Kenny Young........... 42 % (4*, #231)
    DT Trey Lealaimatafao.....38 % (3*, #446)

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I like your way of thinking

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Post of the year, maybe decade, in my view.

kluke, cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.