LSU Potential Class of 2014

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jun 29, 2013.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

If everything falls apart, this class will still be as good as the 2001 or 2011 class.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

... Lowered expectations

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i wouldnt say that, on the defensive side yes.

4. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

Given the expectations for the 2014 class...."Best talent in Louisiana history"...anything less than the #1 overall class nationally is a failure IMO. We will be lucky to have the third best class in the SEC West. Both Bama and A&M have out recruited CLM within Louisiana this year, and Bama has been doing it for the past 5 years. They basically came into the state this year and signed who they wanted with the exception of LF.

Hopefully running off Coach Stud will fix the problem with recruits in North Louisiana leaving like the house is on fire. If you can't coach then what credibility do you have with recruits...none, and that is what happened in the Northern part of the state.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's a little overboard. I would use the word disappointing rather than failure. You can't have a top 10 class and be considered a failure. And if we get Dupre, that's a guaranteed top 5, if not top 3 class.

I do agree about our failures along on the I-20 corridor. But when you look at it, even though it's in the state, a place like Monroe is almost as close to Tuscaloosa as it is to Baton Rouge.

Getting rid of Coach Stud will hopefully help.

cajdav1 likes this.
  6. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

Agree with some of your comments islstl. I use "failure" because of the potential of this year's class. Last year LSU finished 6th in Rivals, which wasn't too bad given that Saban stole two 4stars. In 2012 CLM let him steal Landon Collins and another top state recruit, and we finished 18th in Rivals with 22 signed. I would call 2013 a disappointment and 2012 a failure.

All CLM had to do this year is take care of business inside the state and he has already let 4 studs get away to Bama, 1 to Florida, and 1 to T&M. Right now CLM has only locked up 5 of the top 10 according to Dandy Don's 2014 top prospects. If this 2014 falls between 6th and 10th then I say it is a failure given the class it could have been.

A talented crop like this in state comes along once every 20 years and CLM could have cemented the program for 3-4 years. We still have a couple of weeks for CLM to make up ground, but there are too many waiting until NSD to commit and that's the scary part. That tells me there is still doubt in many recruits minds about coming to LSU, and that should not be the case with in state talent.

I grew up outside of Bastrop and when I left that part of the country 30 years ago to go into the military even Bear Bryant couldn't recruit up there. Now we have more kids from that area going out of state than to LSU.

7. rachellsu01

rachellsu01 Im gone people, its been fun

You cannot be serious with all of this....CLM let Saban take Collins....really??? Are you listening to what you are saying. You really should check your points before posting something like this....check the facts. Northern Louisiana has had handlers up there for a few years now who are working for Bama and it paid off for them...just because we don't get all the kids in Louisiana, you are saying Miles is a failure...really???

This is what's wrong with the state today and the fan base. If you even follow twitter, Brumfield put up a tweet stating how can LSU fans expect to get a kid to commit to LSU when all they do is bash kids on the so called "LSU forums". If the kids are seeing all of this, on all of these forums, then that is most of the reason why these kids are not coming to LSU. I have said that for years now.

And it might just be that these kids don't want to be in Louisiana anymore, that is a fact also. But to bash on our coaches and our staff for "loosing kids out of this state", is just idiotic and ignorant. We take a lot of players from other states and from what I have seen, we have done pretty good with your so called failure of classes.

This is why I try and stay away from these forums because of the bull that is distributed here and other places by fans who constantly bash our players, our coaches and kids who may not commit to LSU..one bad apple destroys the whole bunch...

8. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

Very true and we can't keep losing top recruits like this and expect to compete in the sec, it will get to the point of losing ground with other schools.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep 10 of Dons top 20, with a few still left on the board. But also going into Tx getting the top DB, IL getting the top LB and getting the #1 player and #1 RB in the Nation, #1 player in the nation. Went into Ms, the states Gatorade PLayer of the Year. I know I could go on. But like I always say, you first judge a class on signing day. But many times it years to see the final results. Just about every year the top 5-6 teams could be ranked anywhere in the lineup. Just follow Rivals, Scout, 247, etc.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, keeps getting people saying that we won't win at least 10 games this year. auburn is moving up on us with Gus and his offense. 1-3. a&m, them too, 0-2.

I like the staff Les has now, I like the OL hire, starting to pay off. I want every player that wants to be at LSU. Thanks for being a Tiger

StaceyO and ParadiseiNC like this.