LSU Players Are College Kids, Not Professionals

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OkieTigerTK, Oct 15, 2007.

1. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

A couple of bad throws is always alright, but when its all bad throws and a couple of nice throws, its rediculous. The only reason that some of those passes are being dropped is they're badly thrown. Anyway, I dont want to comment on that.

2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

You see, what we have here....is a failure to communicate.

Who is or is not "a kid" probably depends on your own age and point of view.

When I was 20, and a student at LSU, I remember that I thought I was ALL GROWN UP, invincible, infallible and incredibly more intelligent than any one over the age of 30.

Now I'm old enough that I refer to anyone under 30 as a kid. 'Cause I do know something they don't know - and that is that "they ain't seen 'nothin' yet."

Unless you are out earning your own way in the world and paying all your own bills, and dealing with the results of your own decisions,

YOU....ARE.....STILL....A....KID.

Don't kid yourself. And this is not a new thought. Been around since, oh,

I Corinthians 13:11 :
    When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

End of rant. Life is hard. Deal with it. :eek:ldskule:

3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Times have really changed. I remember when I was in school we only had one big game of the year, Bear Bryant and Alabama. This year we have so many big games we may set a record for the highest number of ranked teams played in one season. And Bama may not even be ranked this year when we play them, go figure. And what East team do we have to play every year? Florida! Everybody needs to wake up and realize what our players and coaches are accomplishing this year. Do you realize the respect this team has earned LSU nationally. The nationally televised exposure we are getting? This game coming up this Saturday is another huge one the whole nation will be watching. Did you know the most watched college football game in Tennessee 10 days ago was the Florida/LSU game. No, not the Tennessee game. The media up here was shocked. I wish this board had a smiley face icon that had arms and hands waving up and down like our fans do when the defense makes a big stop. That's what I would put on the end of this post. :geauxtige

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

It's okay to criticize a player and how he played. It's not okay to verbally attack said player.

You talk about how Lafell needs to work on not dropping passes all you want.. but don't take it much further than that.

Constructive criticism is a good thing. Destructive criticism isn't.

2 people like this.
  5. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Hey, TenTex, how old are you, really? Send me a p.m. if you don't want to state your age here.

I'm old enough that everyday when I wake up, I consider it a victory! :wink:

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

these are amateur athletes. they are not being paid. at least not at lsu.

when these kids turn pro and earn a paycheck, call them any name you want if that makes you feel better. however, right now they are representing the university, and calling them names and getting nasty serves no purpose. i never said discussing their play is not acceptable. however, there are mature, and very immature, ways to go about that. we have seen a lot of the immature the past few days.

name calling and personal insults of players are, in my book and the user's agreement, unacceptable.

http://www.tigerforums.com/tftos.htm

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Then why do you think the players that are dropping passes are still playing? They are young, inexperienced, and the only way to improve is in the heat of battle. You don't lose Bowe, Davis and have Early miss as many games as he has and expect the passing game to be what it was last year.

8. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

After ANY game everyone has to reflect on how they performed, be it good or bad, and that includes both players AND coaches.

In spite of plenty of overzealous fans, who have an armchair QB opinion about everything under the sun, these guys spend most of their day preparing for the next opponent. They know how they performed and their mission is to do better each and every time they take the field.

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

I agree. Read the post I commented on with that post. He was attacking Flynn saying he needed to be removed. I was DEFENDING Flynn. Thank you for re-reading the context and understanding.

10. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

What you're saying is right. But my post was in response to 'they are kids.' All Im saying is criticizing a player is not wrong, calling a player names is absolutely wrong. Even calling for a player to be benched is wrong, nobody here is the coach. But criticizing their play is an opinion, and to each his own. I just think some of our senior players that are going to be playing on sundays next year didnt play up to standards. I cant call one player responsible for the loss of a whole team. Anyway, Auburn better not show up in Death Valley!!:hihi: