Lsu player(s) involved in deadly shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Dec 22, 2018.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Not by legal def of concealed on body in public. A car is an extension of home. You can "store" a firearm anywhere you want in your private home including your body.

GiantDuckFan and LSUTiga like this.
  2. furduknfish

Isnt this the same biased site you used to say gun deaths are greater than auto deaths? Your source is biased as is your opinion. Its funny how when we dont agree with your opinion, you are being attacked. Professional victimhood at its finest.

I will add that in the UK/Europe in general, its next to impossible to legally own a firearm, by design. Its a privilege reserved for the rich/aristocracy. Problem is there are still illegal guns and shooting deaths.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    shane0911 likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Correct cause in Bama, correct me if I'm wrong, a gun in your vehicle requires the ammo be in the trunk. A lot of good that does if someone runs up to car jack you.

Correct. In Louisiana a vehicle is an extension of your home. Under our law, there is no such thing as a concealed weapon in your vehicle. ONE thing we got right.

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw Bengal and Furduk nailed this one already.

4. furduknfish

What if I dont have a trunk... stupid gumps.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

That actually crossed my mind as I typed it. Maybe @TerryP can help us on that one.

6. furduknfish

I don't even think he lives there anymore... They have verbiage about unloaded and locked compartment out of reach. Typical sensible gun laws...

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You've got to have a concealed carry permit to have the gun inside your car. It's been a few years so I don't know if I'm current on their specific statues. As I recall a magazine and gun in a glove compartment were ok as long as it is the glove box on the passenger side. I want to say the law reads "out of reach," but I'm thinking in a compartment between the two front seats qualifies.

On a related note: South Carolina doesn't accept a CCP from Alabama. I don't know why.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It isn't objective if suicides aren't parsed out. Of 38k gun deaths in the US in 2016, 23k were by suicide.

Other statistical comparison that demonstrates why we can't compare the US and England on such things include...
    Population: US is 326M. England is 54M
    Square Miles: US is 3.8M England is 50k
    In 2017, number granted permanent legal residence: US= 1.1M, England 28K

In the world, the US is #1 in total crimes which is likely because we have a shitload of people and solid statistics. Guess who is #2? The UK also outpaces the US in terms of Fear of Crime. We are almost neck and neck regarding capital punishment enforcement which is staggering considering their population size. England did have half a dozen terrorist attacks in 2017.

But on top of all that, it isn't possible to have a shared vision with any other country when you consider how the US gained her freedom. Key word is Freedom.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Winston1, Brian, Bengal B and 3 others like this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

What if you don't have any ammo. Must you go buy some.

10. LSUTiga

What if you don't have a gun?

lsu-i-like likes this.