Lsu player(s) involved in deadly shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Dec 22, 2018.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Here's my good deed for the year; five days to spare.

Know the laws when you're traveling.

LSUTiga and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

thanks, I don't know stuff like that,.. but... the dead guy held a gun on them, one of the LSU guys "then pulled out a handgun",.. can't we assume that means the gun was concealed?

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

No. We can't. He could have it in his seat for that matter.

LSUTiga and GiantDuckFan like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not without knowing where the participants were in relation to each other at the time of the beginning of the incident. Maybe the shooter was sitting in the car while the other player was out of the car trying to make the sale when the gun was brandished. We just don't know.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Moral is dont mess with an LSU football player especially one who is street smart about BR.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No, the moral is don't rob anyone. We don't want our kids known as pistoleros.

ROY_LA_CA, didit, Brian and 3 others like this.
  7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

waiting for "you don't know nothing about street life..."

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

OK I'll play your silly game "you dont know nothing about street life". Actually dont know a whole lot about street life, how are your street smarts?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Agreed but we also dont want our kids dead because they were too whimpy or stupid to protect themselves in a bad neighborhood. Point is CEH and the other guy probably understand the mean streets of BR whereas most of us dont. Had they not thought to bring some self protection we may have lost both of them. What both need to learn is to stay out of the bad neighborhood's and find another way to earn money.

furduknfish and LSUTiga like this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

If you want an honest, objective look at gun deaths throughout the world, look at stats here:

https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region

Compare the US w/a country like England. Just take a minute and look it up on this site. Type in US, and look at the actual numbers. Then, type in UK, and look at their actual numbers.

Hunting rifles, etc, aren't banned there, but there are sensible laws about handguns, semi-auto, etc. The stats don't lie. As a pediatrician, I read about gun deaths and injury statistics all of the time, and have seen right in front of me the injuries and even deaths at some point in my 25 years in medicine. It's senseless and doesn't need to be that way. I know the passion many of you have for your guns. It's a tough, tough issue. My personal viewpoint is out of concern for the injuries/deaths, and how widespread and routine it is, not in trying to hinder anyone's rights. This story could have been the opposite, CEH or the other player may have died. Wayde Sims is gone simply because a fight escalated and access to a handgun allowed a guy to kill another guy. I've been in many fist fights, but no one pulled out a gun and killed me. You may get hurt, but you generally don't die from routine fights not involving weapons.

I'm sure I'll get attacked for this message, but if you put agenda aside and take a second and just look at the statistics, it's eye opening.

Brian and lsu-i-like like this.