LSU pictures for myspace page

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by forkliftdude, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i am head admin of myspace.com so i can officially tell you no, there is none.

2. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

one of the girls in my office is addicted to mycrack and spends most of the day reading that garbage. Occasionally when I'm bored I block that IP on our firewall and watch her freak out.

3. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

many people say the same things about message boards.

4. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I actually learn stuff here. I perused the young fella aboves myspace so I could give you good examples of what I found:

P.S. this isn't his page it's off someone else who was "a friend"

You have been hit. You have been considered One of the 15 prettiest girls on my friends list. Once you have been hit, you have to hit 15 pretty girls. If you get hit again you know your really pretty. If you break the chain you'll have UglyNess for 10 years. So hit 15 pretty girls on your friends list and let them know thay are pretty!"

---------------Girls--------------
    -----------are like apples------
    -------on trees. The best ones-----
    -----are at the top of the tree.-----
    ---The boys dont want to reach---
    --for the good ones because they--
    -r afraid of falling and getting hurt.-
    -Instead, they get the rotten apples-
    from the ground that arent as good,
    but easy. So the apples up top think
    something wrong w/ them when in
    -reality they're amazing. They just--
    ---have to wait for the right boy to
    ---- come along, the one who's-
    ----------- brave enough to-----
    ---------------climb all---------
    ---------------the way--------
    --------------to the top--------

Evaluation of poem:

I have climbed many trees. I love their apples. Some of them have real apples, some have fake apples, but generally I like most apples. I do occassionally get apples from low hanging limbs. Generally because I am drunk. The apples at the top of the tree are very expensive and sometimes try to seek out another apple picker. I am not afraid of going to the top of the tree and falling because usually there are great apples on the ground when I get there. GOD I LOVE APPLES.

I was going to post a few of these but I really have to just stop right here. It's making me feel queezy. Can a Mod please ban me as I have been infected and there is no point spreading it around?

5. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

you forgot to specify that it was probably a 40 year old man posting that on a 13 year old girls page.

6. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

Dumb stuff like that is sent through email too, are you going to chastize people who use email? Somebody also could just post something silly they saw on a message board, and show everybody saying, "hey this is all they do on message boards".

7. Broke

Broke Founding Member

You are absolutely right. I have reconsidered and have opened my own myspace page. I will be sure to let all of my clients know where they can find me. They shouldn't come to my office any more or call me on the "big phone". If they need copies of their brokerage statements they can just just pull them up on my firms myspace page. My book of business will be so much more manageable once all of them leave me for a professional. I am not chastizing myspace users (ok maybe a little) I just don't think it is relevant in grown up world. Just like I don't think 60 year old women who weigh 300 pounds should wear pink thongs. It's better left to the young folks.

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Ok, here's the thing with that statement. In the same manner you see all myspace users as kids and losers posting silly things, there are plenty of people who see message board users as a bunch of anti-social losers that focus their lives around a sport that they don't even play.

Now here's the truth. The users of myspace know that it is more than just a a place to post silly things, because they actually use it for other things. You're on the outside looking in. In the same way the users of message boards know that we aren't all anti-social losers that click refresh every minute to see what has just been posted. We know that it's used to learn. They are on the outside looking in.

So as you can see, it's ignorance to assume you know what something is all about if you don't even take the time to find out. But it's a free country and you're entitled to be ignorant.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

they are both right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.