LSU Picked This Weekend

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Sep 18, 2008.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I like the thought of Richard Murphy breaking out of the backfield on a quick out, being covered by a linebacker or DE. :grin:

2. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

LOL, I want to see QJ truck another unsuspecting DB.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i guess you wouldnt mind seeing scott get a lot of carries either. :grin:

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Here is the problem with your statement
    "our QB's to hit a down-field pass"
    Also I dont think our QB's are Bums. I would never call an LSU Tiger a Bum.
    But if you think to date any of them have shown they can compete in the SEC well maybe you have seen something different.
    Teams had to respect Flynn, because they knew he could hit the deep ball and he was accurate and for the most part didnt make mistakes.
    Hopefully I am wrong. But right now I fear for our SEC schedule as teams are not stupid. They will make LSU beat them with the pass. Again I am no coach but i did stay a holiday inn express and if I was tubs, that is exactly what I would do. Do you really think anyone who was watched game film on LSU are scared of the deep ball or the play action pass ? Really ?

1 person likes this.
  5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

how much value can we give an assessment of a north texas or app st coach? every team outside of michigan looks awesome to them.

dont take it the wrong way fellas. i know we have a damn strong d.

6. stk

stk Founding Member

Like the idea, but prefer in that situation that it's Holliday.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I agree with you there. Our defense is solid.

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Our QB's have not had a chance to compete in the SEC, and even after this weekend, successful or not, we probably still won't know that answer. They are in a fortunate position of having no weaknesses on offense(other than themselves) and only a few unknowns on defense. We are very capable of beating the home streak this weekend, and don't have to have phenom play out of our QB's to do it. If they do, great. I would just prefer their performance fall somewhere between great and Jamie Howard. As long as they rely upon their teammates, they should be ok.

As to Auburn being scared of us? They know what we have, but seem to be more worried about what they don't have - yet. Normally their home game with us is early and gives them an advantage and would this year, except their offense has not gelled. Hopefully it doesn't in time for this game.

I like our chances. :thumb:

10. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Well said, Dude.

I would only add (and you touched on it, too) that it's a TEAM that competes, not one particular player. I think our TEAM can compete in the SEC just fine.

And to Texas Tigers, Lee has an arm and the rest of the SEC knows it. They also know it's just a matter of time before he hits one downfield and our receiver takes it to the house. They have to respect it or they will look like fools when it bites them...and it will. As for Hatch, we saw in the Spring where he completed a 35 yard sideline pass. He CAN do it, just not was well as Lee. He'll connect enough over the season to make teams at least think about it.

I say again they are GOOD ENOUGH.