LSU Picked This Weekend

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Sep 18, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/cory_mccartney/09/18/lsu.auburn/index.html?eref=T1

</H1>

Fair assessment of Saturdays Game

2. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

The Bama Polytech fans are really overconfident, we have too much speed and talent to lose this game.
    :tigereye:

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

:rolleye33:

1 person likes this.
  4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I think this is as even matched as two teams can get.

Sadly Auburn watches game film as well. they are going to put basically their entire defense in the box to force LSU to pass (I would) and sadly I think that is our issue.
    Auburn has the same speed and Talent. Their issue is they are having some serious growing pains with this new offense.
    But dont kid ourselves. Even if LSU has more talent (i dont think so) we have to get that ball to said Talent. Scott is good but you cannot block 11 guys.

Although Auburn hasnt burned it up on Offense either. This game could be another soccer score like MSU vs Auburn.

1 person likes this.
  5. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I can't bring myself to buy into this. If they put eight or nine in the box, it's going to be EASIER for our QB's to hit a down-field pass. I like their chances against two or three deep defenders over four or five.

I can't get over all this talk about how inept and incapable our QB's are. They're not superstars, but they're not bums.

Matt Flynn had 63 yards passing against USCe last year but nobody was talking about how bad our passing game was.

6. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

stick in the mud :rolleye33:

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

But you knew Flynn had the talent to get it done, you still have 2 unknowns at this point. North Texas and Appy St. doesnt equal Auburn.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

We've been able to run the ball up the middle basically whenever we have wanted to, and it has been a bail out for our QB's. We have a tremendous line, but with Marks and Coleman on Auburn's line we are going to have to be a little more creative. And even if we dont complete many long passes we need to try a few. I am sure we will see more plays for TH and or a few screens to mix it up for the QB's.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Not sure where you are getting that info from because i see aubies everyday and they are scarred $hitless. I havent talked to one who said with any confidence "we are going to beat you guys". All of them are cautious and reserved and I like it.

I think we will kick the crap outta them. That pathetic offense isnt going to score and we will wear their defense out. I see us winning by 2 TD's with a 14-0 or 17-3 type score.

10. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

A good Running back can beat one man.