LSU must not waste the 2017 season on Etling

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 31, 2016.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

My comments are solely based on the fact that Coach O said he would get immediate playing time by switching to WR. Since then......crickets. Our current WR's are not very good, that doesn't speak well for him. It's week 4. You should know your playbook. At least enough to see the field when we can't score and the guys above you can't catch. He had all fall and now 4 weeks of game practice. Have you ever played football? It isn't that complicated if you understand the game.

I haven't used the word Fired once. But you can bet your ass I'll be critical of the highest paid coaching staff in the country if/when they put a turd on the field. I think you need to grow a pair.

Also, I'd rather be critical of million dollar coaches over student athletes. You do what you do Caca

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Blah, blah blah you dont know football, you really dont. You are not going to be a pleasure to read this season. Yes I have played football both high school and college. No he didnt have all fall wasnt moved there till fairly recently. MSU exposed a weakness getting fixed wont be easy and Stevens is not our problem its both lines. I have been reading you and you think you know football but sorry amigo you dont.

Both Sullivan and Davis look good to me just young. If Stevens was ready he would be playing so I will take our staffs opinion over yours every day

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

I NEVER said Stevens was our problem or that he should start. Jesus Christ you're thick! I'd love meet up with you tomorrow night and do some tackling drills, see who has a better understanding of the game football. Drink a beer or 2 after we get you dusted off. We've all been reading the shit you spew as well, you don't know shit either amigo.

Again, 6 weeks in or 8 it isn't that damn complicated to learn a playbook. If you don't agree, watch a game of football outside of LSU. Oh, and If you don't want to read me this season, use the block button, it's why it's there.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I do want to read you just probably wont agree with you. I dont and will not block anyone people block me however, a cowardly thing. Tackling drills with me? Well I dont know you and man you certaintly dont know me. Whether you would win or not in a tackling drill with me does not mean you know why our offense is not doing what you think they should be doing. So what position do you coach on the team that you have more insight into what we need to do here on out?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  5. VHSTiger

VHSTiger Freshman

Translate please.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

LOL......lighten up bro. I don't Coach football, if I did and was any good, I probably would not have the time to post on here as much. It's ok not to agree, and I won't block you either. It's football, we are not very good, emotions are high. Trust me Caca if I knew why our offense wasn't working I wouldn't be posting on here because I'd be coaching an offense somewhere. But just because I'm not a coach and don't know as much about football doesn't mean that I don't know it at all and damn sure doesn't mean I can't criticize it. Especially when my money STILL goes to LSU.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Meant "with me" just a lazy poster.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I hear ya just standing up for what I see our problems are on this years team. We are not ready to challenge for the NC nor the SEC title either. Too young, too thin, too injured and a new OC trying to install a new system that will take time with players that are not there yet. O, Canada and Aranda deserve 2 to 3 years to bring in their own players and install their systems. Now if we dont show improvement from game to game and year to year then will have to look at some changes. BTW our offense has not worked in only one game. Lets see what happens today sorry I was a bit harsh I know you are a true Tiger fan.

didit and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Well ... first of all, Etling was under a lot of pressure. Tough to complete passes without protection. His accuracy drops off significantly when he's taking heat. You would want a little better performance in those conditions but tough to say how much you can expect. Especially when you consider the number of drops and penalties that cost us. It was just an all around bad night.

I'm not making a case for or against Etling. I thought a lot about this on the run this morning. It's the well known dilemma isn't it? We know of Etling's physical limitations. But he does have more experience. He is smart and he is a pretty tough competitor. But he doesn't have the physical talents of a couple of the young guys. Which one do you play?

The temptation, of course, is to say put the QB of the future in the game. Let him develop. We don't expect to win the national championship this year anyway. I get it and that is the path I started down.

But what message does that send to the team? What does it tell the guys who are playing their last season at LSU? Sorry guys, we are playing for next year. You simply can't do that. This is a football team. Filled with some of the best athletes in the country. They are competitors. You put the best guys on the field and you coach them like you're playing for the NC right here right now every game. You show a don't quit attitude. That's the message you send to your team and everyone watching.

And the best path for our young QB's is to prepare every day and gain playing time when the games and the season dictates. You really want them to be brought along and developed steadily. They have a lot to learn.

That's the best thing for the player and the team.

dachsie likes this.
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

No worries brother. And your post was Spot on!