LSU must not waste the 2017 season on Etling

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Until we bring in quality o linemen we're pissing in a fan. Make the second tier bowl games part of the season ticket order form because that's all post season is bringing us- 9-4 glory holes.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Nobody really knows on Valentine-Okeke and the Teuhema brothers were just trouble makers who would have went straight from HS to NFL if it were an option. They clearly didn't want to be students.

lsu-i-like and TigerTap like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I thought CVO left during/was dismissed by Miles. And did he ever play a down? Teuhema had the stars, but like I said, I don't think he ever lived up to the billing.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That's my concern with Eaux's apparent hard line approach. A fine line between sleeping with dogs and catching fleas.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

All schools do it. Winning programs anyway.

TigerTap likes this.
  6. msully

msully Founding Member

Oh you want fast feet strong legs nothing between the ears right ? What we need is a line big enough to block smart enough to not make mistakes .

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm afraid Eaux was too rigid with this new generation of player. Maybe college football isn't worth it anymore...

In general, not a fan of bitches. All indication is there is no shortage on the football field.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Also hard to say he would be a huge factor...

Bengal B likes this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

No question. Coaches today have to look the other way until the public finds out and makes them turn their head. Then, some still do it (let them remain nameless but we know who they are). Let's just say "they" compete for championships every year.

I definitely think Coach O came in pulling some what of the same thing Charlie Strong did at UT. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel just to put his stamp on it. Obviously he hasn't re-invented the playbook but maybe the culture around the locker room and facilities?? I don't know. I don't go to the practices. But I do know, that these new millennial kids are a bit different and a whole lot more difficult in a different way I'm sure.

Will Muschamp did an entire interview on it after he screwed the pooch at Florida. He said the de-recruitment process now is extremely challenging with these kids egos, sensitivity and lack of true loyalty. It's always been there, just much worse today.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. DeeDee

DeeDee Veteran Member

Etling doesn't play defense.